home | 20

C H A S E E L L I O T T

I wasn't going to lie, I was nervous to tell Mackenzie just as much as Jade was. I had put up a strong composure because I didn't need Jade seeing me freaked out about it. This was a huge step for all of us and probably the most important step moving forward as one family.

"Sit right here darling." I said, patting an empty sport between Jade and I. Mackenzie hopped on the couch and instantly pulled Jade into another hug.

"I miss you at school Ms. Wright." Mackenzie said.

"I miss you guys too." Jade heartbrokenly frowned.

"What did you want to talk about?" She asked innocently, swinging her legs back and forth.

"You know what's been happening the last week, we've talked about it, right?" I asked, Mackenzie responds with a simple nod. "Well, part of the reason I got to keep you was because of Ms. Wright, she risked her job."

"But why was she fired? She was just helping." Mackenzie concernedly questioned looking quickly back over to Jade.

"Because, um, your dad and I are dating, and the school has a rule against that."

"Oh, wait-" Her eyes lit up, as everything registered in her little brain. "You are together? Like kissing together?" Mackenzie asked, making Jade and I burst into fits of laugher.

"Yes, lots of kissing has been happening." I smirked, causing Jade to playfully punch my shoulder. Mackenzie's eyes lit up as she jumped into my lap, pulling us into a group hug. "I think it's safe to say you like the idea of Jade being stuck with us?"

"Yeah!"

After all the excitement settled down, Jade and Mackenzie were curled up on the couch watching a movie together, talking and laughing together. I couldn't help but look over and have a wave of gratitude wash over me. I was extremely lucky, it was a cliché thing to say, but it was true. A lot of people would run away from the thought of a single father because of commitment issues, but Jade took that head on. Jade always amazed me with her kind and accepting heart, she was the one for me and Mackenzie.

"Dad, come join us." Mackenzie waves me over.

"Cuddling with my two girls? Always." I smiled, placing myself beside Jade, wrapping my arm across the both of them. Not too far into the movie, Mackenzie falls asleep, an occasional soft snore sound coming from Kenzie would make Jade and I both chuckled.

"School sure wears her out." Jade smiles.

"Oh just wait, she'll be full of energy when she wakes up. You'll get the full Mackenzie experience." I softly chuckled.

"Wouldn't have it any other way."

I had a feeling of relief and peace and completeness come over me, something I hadn't felt in years. Complete. I felt like everything had fallen into place and there was no need in changing a single thing.

I've had to deal with Lauren consistently trying to ruin every last good part of my life and Mackenzie's life. I didn't realize how much I neglected myself until I started making my life and happiness a priority again. I didn't realize how much I was missing out on life and love until I met Jade. Jade was like meeting my soulmate and best friend all in one. She inspired me to complete myself, she supported the direction I was going, she motivated me to change and stretch beyond my limits.

Jade was the one.

| o n e    m o n t h   l a t e r |

"I think this is the one." I said.

"You sure man? She only gets one of them." Ryan chuckles, giving me a hard time. "I'm kidding, she'll love it."

"Have we found the one?" A sales rep asked, walking up to the front counter.

"Yes, we have." I smiled, placing the ring down.

"Awesome, great choice. Who's the lucky lady?"

"Jade."

"Well, Jade is going to have a hell of a rock on her finger. When's the proposal?"

"Next weekend."

"Congratulations. We'll have you fill out this form and we will have this ring modified for you and it should be done within a couple of days."

"Awesome, thank you sir."

"You're really doing the damn thing bud, I'm proud of you!" Ryan smiles, patting my back.

"Let's just hope she says yes, I don't know it all seems kinda rushed? Or is that me overthinking?"

"It's you overthinking. You guys couldn't be more perfect for each other. You've known each other for twelve years."

"Let's get back to the track before the ladies start getting suspicious."

"Don't tell Kayleigh about this."

"Chase, you know my wife can't keep her mouth shut if her life depended on it. She's literally already told me what my Christmas gift is this year."

@chaseelliott: Another Dega win in the books! #di9

Liked By: bubbawallace, jadewright, and 30,957 more

Comments:
@teamhendrick: 🏁🏆
@bubbawallace: my man 🤘
@alexbowman: 🥴 had to crash out ur teammate to do it tho
@williambyron: @alexbowman stop being a drama queen 🤣

@jadewright: first trip to victory lane, well at least for me! so proud of you babe! @chaseelliott 💚

Liked By: chaseelliott, ryanblaney10 and 998 more

Comments:
@chaseelliott: happy I got to take you to your very first victory lane 😘
@ryanblaney10: *fan girling* FAVS 🥰