Prologue

Lucina was standing on her balcony. The cool breeze blew in her face, cooling her off. It was another day that involved potential suitors trying to get her to fall over them. None of them she was really interested in. They either only wanted the crown or their child have exalted blood. None of them really showed interest in her as a person. They only saw her a prize to be won.

It wasn't too far out there for them only to think about that. She came from an exalted bloodline blessed by Naga herself. She only wished she knew how her father met her mother. Her mother was someone who fell in love with her father not for his blood, but for who he was. Lucina wanted someone like that. Who would let her be herself.

Lucina sighed to herself. She looked onto the distance to her kingdom. She hasn't been outside of the capital much, yet she felt a calling. A calling for adventure. She deliberated if she really should go out there. After a little thought, she ran back into her room, grabbed her sword in her sheath.

She made her way down to the castle courtyard and to the stables. She located her father's horse and led it out to the edge of the palace walls. She mounted the horse and road off into the distance, not knowing exactly where she was going, but she would know when she reached to her destination.

Robin stared at a blank piece of paper on his desk. It was another day of following his father around, training to be the next king of Plegia. Robin secretly hated it. His father, much like his predecessor, used cruel and violent tactics to lead the kingdom. Luckily they weren't exactly in a war, but King Validar was trying to start another one with Ylisse. He didn't pay much attention in the meeting, all Robin heard his father suggest that they kidnap one of the Ylissen Princesses for ransom.

Like that was going to work. Both of them were known to be strong warriors, especially the oldest who was even rumored to chase off unfitting suitors with her sword.

Robin was tasked to come up with a plan of attack to lure the Ylissens to a trap to start a war. He had no interest in coming up with one. For all he knew, he had no reason to hate the Ylissens. Sure, the Exalt before the previous one attacked Plegia mercilessly, but that was before Robin's time.

Robin slammed his head down on the desk and groaned. He needed a break. He peeked out his window into the outside world. Robin wasn't allowed outside the Plegian palace, however, with the help of some spells he practiced, he snuck out frequently. He opened a drawer in his desk and took out a think tome with a purple cover.

Robin opened the book and placed a hand over the pages. He chanted a spell and was instantly teleported somewhere. He didn't think of a specific place, just to a place where his heart wanted to be.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

Authors Note: And that's the prologue! As of Publication, I'm almost done with Chapter 1 so I should get that one done soon and the move on to chapter 2. Anyways, what do you guys think? Feedback is much appreciated :) 

Anyways, have a great day and thanks for reading 

~Sylvie 🌸