Chapter 5: Fate

A/N: Hi, I'm so sorry that it's been so long since my last update. The past few weeks have been really tough, dealing with some heavy personal problems and school starting back. But here is the next part, it's the longest so far. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the chapter! :)

——————————————————————————————————————————————

Cynthia was squealing. Lucina just told her about her date with Robin. She was really excited for her sister. After spending months at having failed attempts at trying to find a potential match, Lucina finally found someone. Even though the relationship was with the Plegian Prince, Cynthia was still really happy for Lucina.

Lucina just finished telling her sister what happened that afternoon. She was even still holding the flowers Robin have her. While she was happy beyond words, there was one slight problem that loomed over her thoughts.

Telling Chrom. Or better to say, his reaction.

Lucina decided to turn in for the night and left her sister's room. After she bathed and put her nightgown on, she put the flowers in a small container from her bathroom. She went to bed with a smile on her face that hasn't faded since her meeting with Robin.

The next morning, Robin was preparing for his journey to Ylisse. It would be an understatement to say that he was nervous. His anxieties kept him up all night.

What if Chrom disapproves? What would happen to him? If Chrom didn't take this news well and his father found out, how would that play out?

Wait, scratch the last one, he doesn't care about what his father thinks. If Chrom approves, then Robin can escape the living hell he was born into. Even if Chrom doesn't approve, Robin was planning to run away to some town in Ylisse anyways.

Robin opened his bedroom door to head out but he was met with the last person in the world that he wanted to see in that moment: his father. Robin jumped slightly at the sight. It wouldn't take a tactical genius to tell that Validar was displeased. His face was scrunched up and he had his arms crossed in front of him. It reminded Robin of when he got in trouble when he was a kid.

But he was now an adult, which made it worse.

"Care to explain son?" Validar asked. Robin was confused. Explain what?

"S-Sorry to question you, but what...?" Robin asked back, still startled from before.

"Don't act dumb, I know what you did last night with that princess." Validar raised his voice almost to a yell.

All the color drained from Robin's face. Busted. He didnt care if Validar found out after he left for Ylisse. He never planned for this.

"Robin, I know you heard me." Validar scolded.

Robin remained quiet. He was trying to formulate a plan to escape this situation. However, every thing he came up with either had a glaring problem or was too risky. He could just bolt and use some magic as a diversion. That could work.

"Robin!" Validar yelled. Robin clenched his fists and bolted out from under his father in a gap between him and the doorframe. He fumbled a tome that was in his coat pocket and was about to cast a fire spell to create an obstacle for his father. His father was faster though.

In a blink of an eye, Validar used his own magic to teleport in front of Robin. This once again startled Robin and he dropped his tome. Validar grabbed his son by the coat fastening. He dragged him back to his room, threw him on the hard ground and slammed the door.