Chapter 3: A Sisters Promise

Quick Authors note before we get started: 

Ok so this chapter is going to focus on what Lucina's sister is feeling/thinking when she notices Lucina's strange behaviors. In this story, I made it Cynthia because I do ship ChromxSumia and who I always pair him up when I play Awakening. (I play as Male Robin despite being a girl just to marry Lucina lol, roast me if ya want 😂) anyways, we got that out of the way so on to the next chapter!

————————————————————————————————————————————-

Two weeks have past since the meeting between Robin and Lucina where they decided to keep their friendship a secret from their fathers. Since then, every other day, Lucina snuck out of the castle grounds to a new spot every time to meet up with her secret friend. Lucina thought she went unnoticed, however, a certain soul caught on.

Lucina's sister, Cynthia, has been suspicious for a while. Ever since the time where she tried to show her sister her new hero entrance, Cynthia took note of Lucina's hastiness. She also noticed how most afternoons, usually when their father was in meetings, she wasn't seen around the palace. And she searched everywhere.

After a week of Lucina's strange disappearances, Cynthia decided to investigate. She followed Lucina at a distance throughout the day. Cynthia wrote down her findings in a journal to keep track of her findings because Naga forbid she would remember everything. The first thing she wrote down was the fact that Lucina spent more time in her room and less time training with their father, Chrom.

Unfortunately, her sisters door was always closed so she couldn't exactly see what Lucina was doing. She didn't hear noises from her room so she assumed that her sister was alone. After Lucina would emerge from her room, Cynthia followed her like a spy. She made sure she was hidden from her sisters sight to avoid being busted.

She casually walked around the palace, "coincidentally" in the same direction as Lucina. She followed Lucina to the stables where she brought out her fathers horse. For the first few days, Cynthia called it quits there and patently waited for her sisters return. However, around day seven of her self imposed mission, she followed her.

Once Lucina was out of the stables and heading towards the edge of the castle grounds, Cynthia quickly retrieved her Pegasus and stealthily followed. Once she figured Lucina was out of the area, Cynthia took off and followed her sister from above.

She made sure she was low enough to track her, yet high and back enough to make sure she wasn't caught. On day one of following in the sky, Cynthia almost gave up an hour into her flight when she thought that all Lucina was doing was going for a ride. She was about to turn back to head back to Yisstol when she finally saw Lucina stop and dismount her horse.

Cynthia guided her Pegasus down and little ways away from Lucina. She hopped off and wandered the wooded area until she spotted her sister. She hid behind a thick tree to ensure her safety. Cynthia noticed an unfamiliar white haired man in a large black, purple, and yellow coat. The two ran up to each other and embraced. Once they parted, Robin put an arm around Lucina's waist.

Cynthia was shocked and almost gasped but stopped herself quickly. She couldn't blow her cover this early. She continued to listen in on their conversation. Unfortunately for her, she was a little too far away to hear everything. She was able to hear bits and pieces of the conversations and wrote down her findings.

At first, the conversations peaked no interest to Cynthia. They were basic things that normal friends talk about. Not anything suspicious. About half an hour had passed when Cynthia turned around to her Pegasus to head back since nothing interesting was occurring. But a sudden gasp from her sister changed her mind.