Chapter 7 - Princess Kougyoku

It was still the night of Maharagaan as everyone was having fun. The generals and N/n were talking among each other, the other generals seeming to want to know N/n better. She tells them a description of a fake life, keeping her identity of an ex-royalty a secret for now, hoping that it won't cause her any troubles.

"So they found you on Artevia?" Yamraiha questioned the woman.

"Yes, they did" N/n said with a smile. "It was on accident really, I became stuck on that island the night before they came. I would have left, but my boat was so old that it sank after I decided to rest. But I had Napolious with me, so I wasn't alone" she said while patting Napolious on the head.

"I'm curious actually" Yamraiha said.

"Of?" N/n questioned, looked at the blue haired magician.

"How were you able to tame a tiger?" She questioned, looking at Napolious before looking back at Y/n with curiosity gleaming in her eyes.

"It wasnt easy, I will say that." N/n started. "There was animal trafficking when I was visiting somewhere with my father when I was younger. He was only a cub back then, but you could tell that he and other animals were treated horribly, so my father and a few others made a plan to free them. From there, we took them back to our homeland. Napolious lost his mother so I decided to take care of him. It wasn't easy though" N/n said, smiling, remembering the special memory.

"Come on..." the young princess of Artevia held her hand out to the baby tiger that was in the corner, growling at her. "I won't hurt you" she said with a soft smile. She slowly got closer to the tiger, making it his even more.

"Princess be careful!" One guard said.

"I'm fine don't worry" the small princess said nonchalantly, waving her hand a bit. She got closer to the baby tiger who only growled even more.

"Princess!" The guard was about to step forward before a hand stopped them. The guard looking over, it was the king of Artevia. "Your majesty!" The soldier exclaimed. The king smiled at the guard.

"Have patience, let us see what happens next" the king said, watching his daughter try to befriend the cub. As the princess got closer, the cub made its move and scratched at her hand. She didn't flinch, ignoring the glaring pain in her hand. She sighed in defeat before backing away.

"Fine, be that way!" She said. Sticking her tongue out at the baby tiger, she walked back to the soldier, where she noticed her father, she smiled. "Father!" She said with a smile. The king chuckled and lifted his daughter up.

"Y/n, any luck?" He questioned.

"No..its still scared of me.." she said with disappointment. The king chuckled before setting her back down on the ground, then patting her head.

"Have patience. And don't try to come to it, have it come to you." The king said. His daughter's eyes sparkled before she nodded with a smile.

Over the next couple of days, the princess came to visit the baby tiger on a daily basis. Slowly, on every other day, she would get closer with the baby tiger. The baby tiger, still wary of the princess, kept it's distance between her and themselves. She would bring toys that interested the baby tiger, but it didn't budge from its spot. When she was gone, its curiosity got the better of them and messed around with it.

One day, the princess didn't come to visit the tiger like usual. The baby tiger becoming curious on where she is, snuck out of the cozy shed. It took a look around its surroundings, seeing a lot of different animals and greenery. It continued to adventure around its surroundings before hearing laughter. Getting curious, it made it's way to the sound of laughter, only to see the princess.