Chapter 8 - Secrets

Maharagaan was coming to an end as everyone was getting tired and started to head home. The king, a bit drunk, made his way to N/n, who was helping with cleaning up.

"I hope you had a good night" Sinbad said with a smile. N/n turned around and nodded with a smile.

"I did, thank you for inviting me"

"Of course. And after this, maybe I can walk you to your room" he said. N/n looked him up and down as she crossed her arms.

"I think you need me to walk you to your room. You might fall and hurt your handsome face your majesty" she said with a smile.

"I'm fine" he said. "Shall we go then?" He asked, lending his arm out for her to link her arm with.

"We shall" she said with a smile. She walked past him, declining his offer as Napolious followed her. Sinbad had a small smirk as he quickly caught up to her. N/n hummed a small tune as she started to walk to her's and Napolious's room, Sinbad walking by her side, Napolious on her other.

"Tell me more about yourself" Sinbad said.

"I've told everything about myself" the ex-princess said, glancing up at Sinbad before looking in front of her again.

"Not quite"

"What do you mean?" N/n questioned, coming to a halt, Sinbad and Napolious stopping as well. N/n looked up at the purple haired king with curiosity.

"The assistant of the Kou Empire seemed to recognize you" he said. N/n only chuckled.

"I've never met that man in my entire life, I will tell you that. He just spouted nonsense about me." N/n said, looking into his golden orbs, as he stared back into her e/c ones. Sinbad lifted his hand, and gently caressed her cheek.

"You remind me of her..."

"Her..?" N/n looked at him questionably.

"A girl in my dreams, when I was younger. Supposedly the princess of Artevia." He gently brushed his thumb against her cheek, Napolious stopping himself from growling or snarling. N/n tried to not melt from his touch, forgetting this feeling again so long ago. "Maybe you are her..." he quietly breathed out. N/n panicked a bit, hoping that he wouldn't find out, but wouldn't mind if he found out at the same time. She pulled herself away from his touch, her heart having a tight feeling.

"We should probably get going" N/n said softly, looking away from the king, rubbing one of her arms. The king gently took her hand and brought her knuckles to his lips.

"Why not come to my room instead?" He questioned, before placing her hand against his cheek. She smiled softly, and caressed his cheek. He nuzzled his face into her hand more before she pulled her hand away.

"You're drunk your majesty, you should probably head to your room." N/n said.

"Why do you avoid me?" Sinbad questioned.

"Pardon?" N/n questioned, not understanding what he meant.

"You're avoiding my touch, my questions." He said. N/n smiled at him, not surprised that he could see through her.

"There are some things that must be kept a secret your majesty. If you would like to know, you must find out yourself. For now, I bid you goodnight" N/n bowed a bit, about to leave, she seemed hesitant to do something, before she put her index and middle finger together and kissed them, before placing them on the King's lips. "I'll see you in the morning, Sinbad" she said ever so softly before she left, Napolious following her.

Sinbad watched her leave, his fingers brushing against his lips where her fingers touched, where she supposedly 'kissed' him. She wasn't like other women, she didn't show any interest in him when they first met. She wasn't like any other women he's met, besides the Queen of Artemyra. He started to walk down the hallways, to make his way to his own room. He found her alluring. She seemed pure, yet lustful at the same time. There was something about her that he couldn't out his finger on.