Chapter 3

"An extra what?" Caspian asks in disbelief, his eyes still wide.

"An extra sword." I repeat to him.

"I do, but why?" He asks.

"Don't underestimate her Caspian, she's pretty skilled with a sword." Ed says and Lucy nods. They both have seen me fence and know that I'm rather skilled at it.

"How about I just show you!" The idea popped into my head and I couldn't keep it in.

"Umm... are you sure about that Jess? I'm pretty skilled with a sword." Caspian says.

"So I am." I rebuttal with a smirk.

"I really want to see this, maybe you can spar me later too! That way I finally show Jess my skills." Edmund adds.

"Well, okay, why not. I'll have Tavros take you to the armory." He tells me. "While she's doing that, I can talk to you guys about this journey and some other things." Caspian tells Ed and Lucy and then goes to fetch Tavros for me.

-----

Lucy's POV

Now that Jess is gone with Tavros, I'll get to talk to Caspian about her. I saw how when they first met, they would both admire the other while the other wasn't looking. And when she came out of the cabin with the clothes I made for her and the corset, I saw Caspian blush when he saw her. And I've seen the many times Jess has blushed at him.

"Since you left, the Giants of the North surrendered unconditionally. Then we defeated the Calormen armies at the Great Desert. There is peace across all of Narnia." He says with proudness in his voice.

"Peace?" Edmund asks with joy.

"In just three years." Caspian responds with joy too.

"And have you found yourself a queen in those three years?" I ask, hinting at Jess.

"No. At least not yet." Caspian says, a small smirk appearing on his face.

'Not yet.' Nothing about Susan. Oh! He totally likes her!

"Hang on, if there are no wars to fight and no one's in trouble, then why are we here? And don't take this the wrong way but why are Jess and Eustace here?" Edmund asks.

"That's a good question. I've been asking myself the same thing since you've arrived." Caspian says.

-----

Jessica's POV

After finding myself a sword that works for me, I make my way back to the map room.

I knock and open the door to see if I'm welcome, they wave me in and I walk in. I smile at Caspian and he looks to my hip where my sword lays.

"I see you found what you were looking for." He nods to my hip and I smile.

"Yeah, Tavros had to dig it out for me, it's thinner so it's not used in combat much." I say and he smiles at me. I go and stand by him as there is no room left on the other side of the table. I see Lucy smile at this.

"So where are we sailing too?" Edmund asks.

"Well, before I took back the throne from my Uncle, he tried to kill my father's closest friends and most loyal supporters." Caspian explained.

"I'm sorry." I tell him. He gives me a small smile and continues.

"The Seven Lords of Telmar." He turns his head around and looks at a board behind him with sketched faces on it. I see his face sadden and I reach out, resting my hand gently on his shoulder, hoping to give him comfort. He turns his head toward me, making eye contact with me for a moment before looking back down at the map. He points to the island as my hand slides down his arm, stopping just above the elbow.