Chapter 9

Quick A/N - Please tell me if there are any spelling, grammar, or perspective mistakes!! Thank you, it means a lot!

~~~~~~~~~~

Jessica's POV

I let go of Eustace as soon as we enter the mansion. It's so beautiful. I stop for a second but Eustace carries on. I look around and see books everywhere and tables made from such fine wood. I see vases that look like they are worth millions of pounds and statues of beautiful women and handsome warriors. "This is all so beautiful..." I say out loud.

I hear a few footsteps behind me and I hear a voice speak up.

"Yes, it is. " Cas says. I turn around and he isn't even looking at the walls or anything, he's looking at me. I blush and look down. He puts his hand on my back and leads us to the front of the group. I continue to marvel at everything throughout the halls and throughout the rooms we pass.

As we continue to walk through the halls of the mansion, I hear Lucy speak up.

"What did you mean when you said you made them invisible for their own good?" She asks.

"It seemed the easiest way to protect them from the evil." Coriakin replies.

"You mean the mist?" Ed asks. After thinking about it, I have never seen the mist... but I guess that's a good thing, right?

The Magician stops in his track and turns back to Ed.

"I mean what lies behind the mist." He says with a warning tone.

As Cas and I enter the room, he moves his hand to mine and intertwines our fingers. I look up at him and smile, a blush makes its way to my face a second later. I then look around to see what looks like stars and space moving in patches around the room. Like at Planetarium but better, this felt more real.

The Magician turned around and grabbed a scroll off a shelf. He turns back around and throws it into the air and it magically rolls out flat on the ground. The places on the map come to life, colors become vibrant and the mountains create depth making the places there even more real than before. I look to the corner and see moving figures going to war.

"The Battle of Beruna." I say. People look at me in shock, my cousins mainly. "I read about this in a book on the ship." I say, ending any confusion. Ed and Lucy smiled at me, happy that I was learning Narnian history.

"It's quite beautiful..." I hear Eustace say. We all raise our heads and look at him as this was not like him. But he just had to ruin it by commenting, "I mean for a make-believe map in a make-believe world!"

"This is the source of your troubles." The Magician starts. The map starts to single in on an island. It was foggy and dark with green light coming from within. The hair on my arm stands up at the sight of the mist. It looked evil and it felt cold...

"Dark Island. A place where evil lurks." Coriakin starts to walk around the room, looking at each and every one of us.

"It can take any form. It can make your darkest dreams come true." He looks to Ed who looks fearful and hesitant.

"It seeks to corrupt all goodness and love." He says to me.

"And to steal the light from this world." He looks at Cas.

"How do we stop it?" I ask, determination filling my words.

"You must break its spell." He tells me.

He looks back to Ed and points to his waist. "That sword you carry... there are six others." He tells him.

"Have you seen them?" Ed asks. "Yes." The Magician responds.

"The six Lords? They passed through here?" Cas speaks up, hope filling his voice.