Chapter 8

Jessica's POV

I walk out of the Map room minutes later after getting myself together. I look out across the water only to see a green island. I see Cas, Drinian, Ed, and Lucy at the side of the ship so I walk over to join them.

"It looks uninhabited." Cas starts. "We'll spend the night on shore. Scour the island in the morning.

"Aye, Your Majesty." Drinian says.

The boys go off in the other direction, probably to prepare for landing. I pull Lucy aside and into our room and tell her all about the kiss and how it felt and how he was the one who initiated it. I was smiling and jumping around the room while Lucy practically screams for joy and celebrates with me. We only stop when Ed knocks on the door and tells us it's time to board the boats to the island.

I step into a boat with Cas, Ed, Lucy, and Eustace and some of the crew rows us to the island. I occasionally looked over to Caspian but he was busy scouting the island. He looked so handsome when he was focused...

We make it to the island and I set up next to Lucy, Gael decided to sleep next to her dad. Both Lucy and I take out books to read. My book is about Narnia's history which I borrowed from the study. It was interesting to read about all the amazing things that my cousins did when they were in their Golden Age. I read about how Peter stepped up when Aslan sacrificed himself and how Susan solved socioeconomic inequality. I also read about how the Witch tricked Ed and how that motivated him to become the best swordsman yet. I also read how Lucy was the first to discover Narnia and how she met Mr. Tumnus.

I put the book down after reading for a while only to see that night had fallen and the stars have come out. I close and place my book next to me and I look up. I have never seen so many stars in my life... they are all so beautiful. I wish that England had stars like this.

I eventually fell asleep to the sound of the waves and the distant noise of Eustace snoring.

-----

I am suddenly awoken by something grabbing - its hands wrapped around my mouth. I look around frantically only to see the same happening to Lucy. I try to scream for her but it doesn't work. We can't see our attackers so we can't fight back but both Lucy and I aren't giving up so easily.

Lucy and I try to continue to scream, we thrash our bodies around, trying to get out of the attacker's hands but we fail. I see large footprints around the camp and hear multiple voices.

We are carried away, through trees and bushes that brush and hit my face. We suddenly make it to a clearing and I see swirly bushes that you would see out of "Alice in Wonderland." This is a weird place...

Both Lucy and I are thrown to the ground. We both scramble up, Lucy draws her knife while I draw my sword. But that does nothing as they are knocked out of our hands a second later. I try to run and get it back when I'm thrown backward. I land hard on my back and I groan in pain. That's going to leave a bruise...

"There is no escape." A deep voice says.

"Well put!" Another voice says as another one comments, "Scary, yeah!"

"What are you?" Lucy demands.

"We are terrifying, invisible beasts!" It says.

"If you could see us, you would be really intimidated." The voice from the beginning says.

"You forgot to mention that we are very large!" A voice from behind me says.

I turn around and around as voices from every direction speak.

"What do you want with us?" I say, trying not to show the fear in my voice.

"You'll do what we ask." It states. "Or what?" Lucy asks.