Chapter 5

Jessica's POV

"The Lone Islands. The port of Narrowhaven." Drinian states.

"Strange, not a Narnian flag in sight..." Cas says, looking through the telescope.

He hands it to me so I can see. I look through and see a large, old town, it looks... quiet...

"But the Lone Islands have always been Narnia's." Ed comments. I hand the telescope over to him as he is the King.

"Seems suspicious." I say, stating the obvious. Cas just looks at me and chuckles slightly at my bluntness.

"I say we prepare a landing party. Drinian?" Edmund asks.

"Forgive me, Your Majesty but the chain of command starts with King Caspian on this ship..." Drinan says.

"Right..." Edmunds says. I can sense the pain in his voice.

"We'll use longboats. Drinian, pick some men and come ashore. The King, Queen, and Lady will be with me. And Eustace too, if he's up for it." Cas states, defending Ed's plan of action.

"Aye." Drinian bows and walks away to fulfill his orders.

"Tavros." Cas nods to the minotaur, I finally figured that out.

"Man the longboats, furl the sail, and prepare to drop anchor!" Tavros commands his men. Ed leaves to go prepare himself for landing and so does Cas, but I stop him before he leaves.

"Thank you for that." I tell Caspian. "For what?" He asks.

"For sticking up for Ed when Drinian crushed his spirit by accident." I say to him with a smile and chuckle.

"Oh, it's no big deal, his suggestion was entirely correct and he has all right to say what he likes, he is the High King after all. He's also led more people than me." Cas says, almost praising Ed for his work.

I smile and thank him once again. I see a blush come on his face and he tells me to go get ready to land. I grab my sword from the deck and put it back in the sheathe that's on my waist. I am very lucky it's my non-dominant arm that's in the sling because I still need to be able to draw my sword if there's trouble.

I go to my cabin only to find Lucy staring at me. "What?" I ask her. She looks at me and smiles. "So what happened between you and Caspian in the medicine closet?" She asks me, a smirk playing on her lips. "I don't know what you're talking about." I play innocent. "Both you and Caspian came out blushing like mad people!" She comments. "Okay! Okay, I'll tell you. But you can't tell anyone else!" I say. She nods and I tell her about the almost-kiss and all the nice things he said about me. By the time I'm done talking, she is screaming in happiness. After I calm her down, we exit the room just in time to start to journey to the island.

We all get in the longboats and I sit next to Lucy and my brother, who looks rather seasick.

"Onward! The thrill of the unknown lies ahead." Reep says.

We finally make it to the docking area and it's quiet as can be. People started to get out of the boat when Eustace decided to complain.

"Couldn't this have waited until the morning?" He moans.

I decide to use a book quote to answer him. "There is no honor in turning away from adventure." I tell him. "I couldn't have said it better myself." Reep looks at me with a smile and I smile back.

Cas holds out his hand for me to grab. Getting off a boat is rather difficult actually, especially with one arm.

He pulls me up but does not let go of my hand, but I'm not complaining.