Chapter 11

Jessica's POV

I wake up the next morning to hear snickering and giggling. I open my eyes to see Lucy and Edmund.

"Good morning, sleep okay?" Ed mocks. I raise my eyebrows in confusion. However, my thoughts are quickly brought away from him as soon as I hear my pillow groan?

My head shoots up and I see Cas. Aww, he must of fell asleep holding me last night. His arms are wrapped around me and our legs are tangled up.

He opens his eyes and looks down at me. "Morning, love." He says with a groggy voice. Which, might I say, was very, very attractive...

A blush makes its way onto my face and Lucy continues to snicker at me.

"Good morning, hun." I respond. He kisses my forehead and we both get up. "We'll meet you guys on the deck." Ed laughs and Cas heads back to the lower deck so we can both change. I quickly change into one of the outfits Lucy made for me. It fit me perfectly and was extremely comfortable, not to mention, it hugged me in all the right places.

I walk out onto the deck to find Cas and my family standing by Drinian. I see the sun so I knew that the 'endless' storm was over. I see crew members running around preparing for something.

"What's going on?" I ask coming up behind them.

"We're preparing to lan-- woah..." Cas starts but stops as he turns around and looks at me.

"What? Is there something wrong with my outfit?" I ask with worry that he didn't like it.

"No! You just look really, really good..." He tells me. I blush and he continues with his answer from before.

"We're preparing to land on that island over there." He says, pointing to a piece of dry land.

"Oh okay," I look at the piece of land more closely, "it looks... dry." I chuckle. Cas chuckles too and we're called to load the boats.

We all get into the boats and start sailing to the island. We all look forward to the dry island in hopes of finding water or food, but the closer we get the more our hope goes down...

"I doubt the Lords stopped here, my liege... There's no sign of anything living." Reep states.

"Right, well, once we get ashore, take your men and search for food and water. The four of us will look for clues!" Caspian yells over.

"Hang on, you mean the five of us?" Eustace says. Everyone on the boat turns back to him and gives him the "Really?" look.

"Come on, please don't send me back to the rat!" Eustace pleads. "Eustace!" I scold.

"I heard that!" Reep shouts. "Big ears." Eustace says quieter. "I heard that too!" Reep responds. I chuckle and look at my family and friends.

We make it to the island and Cas helps me out of the boat. But, he doesn't let go of my hand after he helps me. I look at him and squeeze his hand and smile. He smiles back at me and I hear Drinian and his crew get to work. I start fiddling with the necklace Cas gave me as I wait for my family to join us.

"Go on, unload it all." Drinian tells the crew.

However, unknowingly to everyone, Eustace sneaks off and leaves the crew and docking area.

Lucy, Ed, Cas, and I are all walking around when suddenly I see something out of the corner of my eye. I let go of Cas's hand and take off running to it. I hear the others call after me.

"Look! We're not the first ones on this island!" I say pointing to a rope. The rope is wrapped around a rock and is leading into a hole in the ground.

"The Lords?" Ed asks. "Could be." Cas responds with hope.