Chapter 12

Eustace's POV

I am walking on my own, trying to get some peace and quiet from that rat and the people here. Ugh! Everyone here is so strange and are probably all suffering from some psychotic delusions!

"Oh, yes, follow the imaginary Blue Star to the island of Ramandoodoo! And lay the seven steak knives at the table of a talking lion, Ninnies!" I mock as I kick rocks while walking.

I kicked another rock over the edge but this time I hear something different. It sounded as if it hit something metal.

I walk over to the edge of the cliff and look over. I see shining objects and colorful things. I lean over further, unable to make out what the objects are. "What is that?" I ask out loud.

But as soon as I finish my sentence, the ground beneath me caves and I fall the ground below me. I sit up and check to see if I've been cut or hurt. Maybe I could bring a lawsuit against the people that own this place.

I look up and I see... gold... and jewels... treasure!

Wait.

"I must be dead..." I say. I stand up and dust my hands. I grab a gold bowl and start stuffing it with valuables. I keep picking things up when I notice something in the corner of my eye.

It's a golden bracelet fit for a king... I put everything I've gathered down and run over to it.

I turn the corner only to see that it is attached to a skeleton. "Ah!" I let out a squeal.

"You're definitely dead." I say. I quickly shove the thing over and grab the bracelet.

"Won't be needing that then, will you?" I put the bracelet on my arm and continue to pick up more treasures.

I suddenly stop when I hear... something in the distance, I don't know what. I quickly let it go and continue as if nothing happened.

"Finally, a favorable turn of events."

-----

Jessica's POV

We are all walking back to the boats, hoping that the crew found something that the men could eat and drink.

"What food did you find?" Cas asks Drinian as soon as we arrive.

He looks over to the mostly empty baskets. Rhince quickly comes over and knees by the baskets.

"It's volcanic, Your Majesty. Not much grows." He says.

"Well, it's better than nothing." I say, trying to make the best of the situation.

"Very much, Lady Jessica." Rhince nods to me. He notices the wrap on my hand.

"Are you alright, Milady?" He asks gesturing to my hand. I see Cas look down, noticing my wrap for the first time.

"Yes, I'm alright." I say and he turns back to his duties. My response sounded believable. But in all honestly I was so scared as I knew that I may hold the same fate as Lord Restimar...

"Why is your hand wrapped up, love?" Cas asks, his face serious.

Uhhhhhhh, lie. I need a lie.

"When Ed shoved me down, I cut my hand on a rock, it's no big deal." I say.

"Well, here let me help." Cas says as he grabs my hand, but I quickly jerk my hand away.

"No!" I shout. Uhhhhh, another lie! "If you take it off the wound might become infected. Also, the wrap was putting pressure on it so it didn't bleed more." I quickly ramble.