Chapter 14

Remember to tell me if you find any errors anywhere!!! Thank you, love you all!

~~~~~

Jessica's POV

I walk out onto the deck and go up the stairs to Caspian, Ed, and Drinian.

"Hello there!" I greet. "Hello, love!" Cas greets me with a kiss on my head.

'Those kisses won't last forever' I tell myself.

"The wind has left us." Cas states with dread, returning to the others.

"So how do we get to Ramandu's Island now then?" I ask, feeling for the crew members that are working with the oars.

"My guess is something doesn't want us to get there." Drinian warns us while walking back to the top deck. 

I put my head on Ed's shoulder, both of us feeling bad for the hard-working crew.

I start walking around the ship, helping everywhere I can. Whether it's fetching water for the crew or helping them carry big loads or pulling in fish nets, I offer to help.

As I am walking around, seeing if anyone needs help, I hear a conversation going on behind me.

"If I get any hungrier, I'm gonna eat that dragon!" A crew member says. "That dragon is actually a boy so that's called cannibalism." I tell the crew member, looking him dead in the eye.

I follow Drinian up the stairs. "If we don't find land by tonight, they may well eat that dragon." Drinian says. I look at him and give him the 'Did you not hear what I just said?' look.

But as soon as I look away, the ship jerks and I tumble back down the stairs, landing flat on my back. My arm falls on the ground next to me, making a rather loud noise.

"Ouch." I groan. One of the crew members helps me up and I thank him.

"You okay, Jess? What was that noise?" I hear Cas call from above me. "Yes, I'm alright! What did we hit?" I shout back, avoiding the noise question. Everyone scurries to the side of the boat, trying to see what we hit.

I look up, seeing nothing in the water, only to see Eustace pulling the ship with his tail.

"Eustace, brother! That's brilliant!" I shout and point at the bow of the ship. "Onward, ho!" Reep shouts, unsheathing his sword. We all start to cheer for him and I can see the smile on Eustace's face.

-----

We are all sitting in the map room once again, the 3 swords we have sitting in front of us.

I see Cas pick up one of the swords and look at it.

"We can't be sure that the other Lords even made it to Ramandu's Island..." He says, doubt in his voice.

"We can't lose hope Cas, not now. We couldn't have been sure that they made it to the previous islands either but they did. We have to believe and strive for success. Aslan will help us." I say to him.

He puts down the sword and puts his hand over my now-golden, left hand. I quickly pull it away and put my right hand over his. He looks at me questionably but I look down and rub his hand with my thumb. "Is everything alright, Jess?" Cas asks me with concern. I look down and as I am about to ramble out another lie, I hear someone shout from outside.

"Land ho!"

We all race out of our seats and run outside to see. My hand is getting heavier by the minute, and it's starting to hurt my back and shoulder.

I see Ramandu's Island in the distance and I laugh with joy, proud of my brother for pulling the ship most of the way.

"Prepare to board the long boats!" Tavros shouts. I turn around and head to the cabin to get my sword. I quickly pull down the top of my shirt to reveal my left side. The gold has made its way to my shoulder. But something else doesn't feel right. Without thinking, I take off my other glove and my boots. And low and behold, my toes have started to turn to gold and my right hand's fingers too...