Chapter 6

Caspian's POV

I couldn't sleep.

I couldn't sleep knowing that Jess was not safe. I promised her that I would find her. I missed her.

Even though I haven't known this girl for long... she makes me feel ways that I have never felt. Both good and bad. I love the feeling when she's with me and I hate the feeling when she's not. And when we almost kissed... that wasn't planned but I don't regret it. I do regret not kissing her though.

But I've got to get out of here! I've got to find her. I've got to help Edmund find Lucy too. Oh, and Eustace too.

-----

Jessica's POV

As the guy was leading me to... wherever we were going... a group of hooded figures jumped out and knocked the guy unconscious. I was scared until they took off their hoods. It was Drinian, Reep, and a few other crew members! "Are you alright Lady Jessica?" Reep asks me.

"Yeah, I am now but we need to help the others. I know where Lucy and Eustace are but not where Cas and Ed are." I say with fear in my voice. "We came because we all had a bad feeling that something had happened, I'm glad we came." Drinian tells me. I thank them and I start telling them what I know and all that I've seen. We make it to the dock and they give me water and a little food. Drinian gave me a drop of Lucy's cordial as we knew my injury wouldn't heal for a long time and they needed my help to fight.

We began to make plans about how to rescue everyone tomorrow morning. We figured out our plan and slept for 3 hours that night only to wake up early and prepare everyone for what was to come.

-----

Caspian's POV

I woke up in the morning and immediately went back to what I was doing last night. I continued to try to break down the door. Edmund stirs and shoots up beside me.

"You alright?" I ask him. He nods and I continue to kick the door, trying to get it to budge.

"It's hopeless."

What? Where did that come from?

"You'll never get out..." The voice continues.

"Who's there?" Edmund asks.

"Nobody. Just a voice in my head."

I go over to the corner of the room only to see a face emerge from the pitch-black.

I see his face and it strikes a memory. "Lord Bern." I say.

The Lord seemed shocked that someone recognized him but he then changed his face and spoke up.

"Perhaps once, but I'm no longer deserving of that title." He says.

I look at Edmund with hope and shock on my face.

"Is he one of the seven?" Ed asks. I nod and kneel near the Lord.

He looks up at me with curiosity in his eye.

"Your face... You remind me of a king I once loved well." He says.

I smile. "That man was my father." I tell him with love in my voice.

"Oh, my Lord! Please forgive me!" He starts to get on his knees.

"No, please. Please." I look him in the eye with a smile and help him stand up.

However, a sudden scream comes from outside, and multiple screams followed. I run up to the bars after making sure Lord Bern was steady, Edmund next to me. I see people being dragged to a boat.