Chapter 18

Jessica's POV

I walk into the room and Cas looks up to see it's me. I close the door behind me and start to walk to him.

But he gets up and speed walks to me. I notice this.

"Is everything al-" I start but the next thing I know his lips are on mine. He kisses me deep and just like before, he uses one hand to hold me close and the other to hold my cheek. I close my eyes and kiss him back, moving my hands behind his neck. I can tell he is pouring every ounce of love into this kiss. His hand that was holding my cheek moves to the back of my head, pulling our lips even closer together.

Our lips continued to move in sync. We stayed like that, kissing and holding the other, for as long as our bodies allowed us to. Cas pulled his lips back but continued to hold me tight, his breathing hard and short.

"What did I do to deserve that?" I ask with a smile.

"Turn to solid gold and scare the life out of me making me experience a lot of emotions that were not necessary because I could've simply kissed you and saved you... Also because our last kiss was interrupted." He tells me jokingly.

"Well, I will happily do that again if it gets you to kiss me like that." I teasingly say.

"Please no!" He laughs at me. I laugh with him until I'm out of breath.

"But seriously... when I thought I lost you..." He starts.

"Shh. I know... and I'm sorry for not telling you again. I wanted you to focus on saving this beautiful place, not focusing on being my babysitter..." I say to him.

"Yeah, I understand but when I was fighting and I didn't know how you were... it drove me crazy not being with you. I love you, Jess." He tells me.

"And I love you, Cas, my true love." I say with a smile and chuckle.

"Come on, let's go to deck." He says, wrapping his arm around me. I wrap my arm around him and smile down at me.

We walk out to see people playing in the water. Both Cas and I look at each other with mischievous smiles. He goes to push Ed into the water while I push Lucy and Eustace. We laugh at their protests when suddenly we both are pushed into the water. We resurface to hear everyone laughing and I look back up to the ship to see that it was Tavros and Drinian who pushed us.

Suddenly we hear a cheer and see a small splash of water. Reep comes up and smiles and laughs with us.

"Where the sky and water meet! Where the waves grow ever sweet!" Reep sings. But I suddenly realize something. I quickly taste the water again and the others look at me like I'm crazy.

"It's sweet..." I say, looking to Reep. Everyone tastes the water and is all caught by surprise when they see I'm not lying.

Suddenly we hear people pick up chatter and we see people pointing to something. We all look up to see beautiful white clouds and flower petals in the distant water.

"Aslan's Country!" I exclaim. "We must be close." Cas says.

"Well, we've come this far!" Ed says, climbing back onto the boat. We all follow him, changing into new and more appropriate clothes.

-----

It's just going to be me, Cas, Lucy, Ed, Eustace, and Reep that go to see Aslan.

"So what was it like, when Aslan changed you back?" I ask Eustace. I know he told our cousins but I wanted to hear it for myself.

"No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't do it myself. Then he came towards me. It sort of hurt, but it was a good pain. You know, like when you pull a thorn from your foot. Being a Dragon wasn't all bad. I mean, I think I was a better dragon than I was a boy, really. I'm so sorry for being such a sop." He tells us.