Chapter 15

Caspian's POV

I am sitting down in the Map room. My thoughts are flying all over the place. We told the men what was happening to Jess when they realized she wasn't with us.

I can't believe she didn't tell me but I would've done the same thing if I was her...

I just want to save her. I love her so much and I know that I shouldn't. She'll have to leave eventually, just like Susan... the dream I had on the Magician's Island fills my mind.

But none of that matters if we can't save her. I feel that I am to blame, if I hadn't challenged Ed then it wouldn't have happened. I am so worried... I really wish she was here fighting with us.

I don't want to break my promise to her. I let my love for her fuel me even further.

"Caspian... we're here." Ed tells me, opening the doors to the room.

I nod at him. "I want to save her as much as you. She's family. She's more my sister than my cousin." He tells me. "We can do this, good always triumphs over evil." Ed adds.

We both go to the deck.

"So, what do you think is in there?" Tavros asks.

"Our worst nightmares." Ed says.

"Our darkest wishes." I state after him.

"Pure evil." Drinian sums up for us. He walks away from the wheel. "Tavros, unlock the armory." He tells him.

"My lord." Tavros says to Drinian and goes to arm the men.

"Archers! Prepare yourselves!" Drinian shouts to the crew.

Nerves take over my body and I begin to wonder if we can do this. Can we beat this? We don't even know what's in there! Is Jess alright?...

"Light the lanterns!" Tavros adds.

"Let's get ready." I tell Ed and Lucy. We knew we couldn't stop her from fighting when her family was on the line.

-----

Both Ed and I are putting on our armor, preparing physically and mentally for the battle.

"In case we don't get through whatever this is... I want you to know I think of you as my brother, Ed." I tell him, every word coming from my heart.

"Me too." He tells me. I help him with his armor and he speaks up.

"I can't help but worry how Jess is right now..." Ed says. "Me neither... she doesn't deserve this..." I trail off. "Do you really love her?" Ed asks. I freeze.

"With everything I have... but I'm trying to fight the thought of her leaving..." I tell him.

"I know Lucy doesn't want to leave either." Ed comments. "How about you?" I ask him.

"I love it here but I also love Peter, Susan, Mom, and Dad..." He trails off. "I understand, family is very important." I finish the conversation as I see he doesn't really want to talk about this. After I finish helping him with his armor I go over to the cabinet in the corner and grab Rhindon.

"You gave up your sword." I come back to him.

"It wasn't mine to keep." Ed says without looking up.

"Use this." I say, holding up Peter's sword.

"But it's-" Ed starts but I interrupt. "Peter would want you to have it." I tell him.

Ed takes it from my hands and straps it to his waist.

-----

Jessica's POV