¤| Chapter Eleven |¤

*screams and hits head on brick*

I AM LAZY BUT IMMA FORCE MY LAZY BEHIND TO WRIIITTTEEEE CUZ I GOT NO OTHER THINGS TO DOOOO.

Let's continue thisssss

Eh that song above is Whispers In The Dark by Skillet. Don mind it, I was listening to it while writing... you can listen to it if ya want, idk if it would fit to what I'm gonna write. The lyrics got me tho.

Ah, and warning *inhales while leaning close and shouts* IT CONTAINS TORTURE. THAT KIND OF ANGST. YOU CAN SKIP THAT PART IF YOU WANT TO OR IS UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THAT TOPIC. I WILL JUST TELL YOU WHICH PART IS IT.

××××××××××××××××××××

Mono tried to look for the figure that had given him the ladle and the cloak which had so many stuff inside - Mono didn't snoop, but after he put back the note a fork and some random empty bottle fell off the small pockets (somehow it managed to fit in the pockets) - yet he stopped when he noticed he was getting father from the campsite.

Mono sighed in defeat and walked back to the campsite, the sticks, the ladle and the cloak in hand. He pushed past the bushes and saw Twenty-Three just watching the flame of her oil lamp. Slightly smiling at the comfortable warm glow it gave off while fiddling the buttons of Mono's trenchcoat.

She turned to Mono and titled her head to the side in a confused manner once her eyes landed on the ladle and the cloak, "Where did you find those?"

Mono shrugged while resting the ladle on the ground and placed the sticks into the firepit, "I don't really know, I just... saw them on the ground," he said.

"On the ground?" Twenty-Three repeated and Mono nodded, "Yup. There was some figure, I tried to look for them but they disappeared, and I saw these two on the ground," he explained while motioning to the ladle and the cloak.

Twenty-Three blinked, "Well, that's just... interesting," she mumbled while looking over her cloak and widened her eyes, "That just looks like that cloak I wore," she said while walking up to Mono.

"I think so it is that cloak," Mono said while handing it over to her, "Do you still feel cold?"

Twenty-Three smiled lighty while accepting the cloak, "Not that much anymore," she said while taking off Mono's trenchcoat and handing it to him, "Thanks for letting me use it," she said while slightly blushing bashfully.

Mono smiled, "No problem," he said while accepting his trenchcoat and wearing it. They looked at each other for a good few minutes in utter silence before Twenty-Three walked back to where she sat down and wore the cloak.

Mono mentally huffed from that weird awkward silence and he started the fire, fortunately when your father drags you to camping for some good ol' father son bonding, you get to learn how to make fire from scratch.

Soon there was a fire in the firepit and Mono warmed his hands, the cold breeze continued to blow but thanks to the fire it warmed. Twenty-Three sighed out and turned off her oil lamp, then started warming herself from the fire.

As she reached out her hand to the fire, there was something that fell with a clink.

Mono turned to her, "What was that?"

Twenty-Three pushed her cloak and saw a key, she picked it up, "It's a key," she said while observing it. Mono got curious and sat closer to Twenty-Three, "A key?"

Twenty-Three nodded, "Must've fell from the pockets, dang I love these pockets, even this key fits," she said while handing the key to Mono. Mono held it and inspected the key. The key was a bit big and thick, it was made of brass and looked old.