Chapter 14

JIEUN

Today is the day. I'll start working as a manager today. This is a big privilege yet I feel so tensed.

I was wearing my usual clothes. A pair of jeans and shirt, but looking more decent. I kept walking back and forth murmuring introductions beneath my breath. I mean, what if I carelessly say something inappropriate or act out of line? That would lead me to one thing, getting fired.

I have decided to go with my sister. I am so nervous right now that I kept biting my lips, but that's a habit of mine when i'm nervous.

"Let's go!" I heard my sister yell downstairs.

"Coming!" I yelled back and quickly wore my sneakers before dashing out of the room. There, I saw my sister holding the half-open door. I went to her and we went outside my apartment.

The sun is shining but I felt storm around me. 'Was I that nervous?'

"You've been spacing out for like how many minutes now." I heard my sister say and that brought me back to reality.

"I guess I'm really nervous." I replied.

"Meh." My sister mocked but I didn't mind her.

After a long ride in the bus, we stopped infront of Pledis Entertainment.

This it it. No backing out.

"Why are you standing there with your fists up in the air?" What?

I turned to my side when I heard that voice but I saw no one, I turned to my side again and still found no one. I looked ahead and saw my older sister near the entry.

"Oh," I only said and burst into awkward laugh. Embarrassing.

I went to her and we both entered the company. My unnie went to a different room while I stayed a bit near the receptionist, calming my insides. I felt someone looking at me so I looked to the person and saw it was the receptionist.

"Hello, Are you Miss Kang?" She asked.

"Yes, I am"

"Oh, I think you heard that you got picked. You may proceed to that room." She pointed to a door behind me. The door was elegant. It's simple but it looked pretty fancy. I took a deep breath before turning the door knob and pushed it open. There, the CEO standing with his very well fine suit.

I bowed. "Good Morning."

He nodded in the most elegant way. "Good Morning to you too, Ms. Kang. You may call me, Mr. Han." He cleared his throat before sitting in the chair. I followed. "You know what job you're in right now, Right?" He asked.

"Yes, Mr. Han. A manager."

He nodded before handling me papers that looked like a contract. I read it for about few minutes before signing. In the paper, there was rules also. I should keep it in mind.

"Thank you for working with us. Your work officially starts now." He said so I stood up and bowed, my head almost bumping at the table. He bowed back before raising his hands and a staff came. He told me to follow him so I followed. While walking, I felt my surroundings familiar. We went inside the elevator and the staff pressed the number two. The elevator eventually opened itself and we went outside. We heard music blasting from the other room and we were heading towards that room.

This feels Dejavu. Wait, I almost entered that room when I finished the interview! I felt my heart beats so fast. They didn't know it was me, right? They wouldn't and shouldn't know.

We're now infront of the door and my hands were trembling. The staff knocked before entering. The people inside that room, stopped. They looked at each other before getting their waters and towels. I hung my head low and fiddled with the hems of my shirt, even though my shirt is tucked in. I felt eyes on me so I looked back up and saw them looking at me. I pressed my lips into thin line.

"This is your new manager, Kang Jieun. Treat her well." The staff introduced me and I bowed at them.

"Hello. I'm your new m-manager." I said and forced a smile.

"I'll leave you here now." I heard the staff said and went outside. Noooo.

I kept looking at the door for a few seconds before turning my head towards them.

"I s-swear I'm not a sasaeng. I just interviewed because my sister pushed me inside the interview room and I passed." I hung my head low again.

Silence.

"Jieunnnnnnnnn~" I looked up and saw Hoshi running towards me. He had his arms raised, ready to engulf me with a hug. He reached me and hugged me so tight.

What? Why is he..?

"Hey, hey, Hoshi!" I heard their leader, S.coups yelled. Hoshi released me with a pout.

"It's okay. I think you're a good manager! You even cook well." Hoshi said and I muttered a small thank you. I looked at them and saw they were covered with sweats. Mostly, Mingyu. They just wiped theirselves earlier, why do they still look drenched with sweats?

I spotted a towel near me, so I picked it up and head towards Mingyu. He was anticipating what I was going to do. I stood in my toes to adjust my height and I wiped Mingyu's sweat. Starting from his hair, to his face and his neck. My hands were shaky because of nervousness but I finished. I heard him say a small 'thank you' and smiled. I backed away from him and I heard series of complains.

"Ey, I have more sweats than Mingyu."

"I made the dance and I have more sweats, why did you not wipe mine?"

"You should wipe mines, I'm younger."

"Is my charm not working anymore?"

I let out a small chuckle and smiled. They smiled back.

"WE WILL TREAT YOU WELL!" They shouted altogether.

I knew this is the start of my Journey.
.

.

.