β || Quake | Morning

A/N: *SWEATS*
_________________________________

QUAKE

Morning air, it was always nice to wake up inhaling its scent as it brought life to the rest of your body. The light dimmed through the closed curtains of the window with a tiny slit of an open crack to let morning light seep in to gently greet you awake. But what's even more welcoming to wake up to is your lover whom you're pressed against to; looking up to meet his handsome face, sound asleep, you smiled as you caressed his cheek. Warmth bubbling in your heart at the sight of him sleeping soundly next to you, feeling at ease, comforted, and secure; euphoric, even.

Quake often holds you close whenever you sleep with him; and knowing his element as earth, being scooped up and kept and tucked into his arms feels like a warm loving blanket disguised as an unbreakable wall protecting you from all of the harm that exists in the world. And at the same time acts as another way to resonate his shower of affection to you to have you all curled up against him with his face close to yours. His hold was gentle, but firm, signifying how much he's immensely careful on you but having to insist you stay with him, not like you'll be leaving him any sooner. This is the euphoric part.

But, despite the tranquilic, ethereal feeling blessing your morning, there was another feeling that was rather... Unpleasant. You looked down, curling up as you delve in deeper into the thought; it was an amalgamated feeling of... Emptiness, unfulfillment. Something you want to fill in what it lacked but couldn't bring yourself to. And it was horrible; of course you want to feel as though you accomplished something, but to accomplish something means productivity, and productivity, needs motivation.

Motivation. A simple word, the drive that gives us the energy to wake up and be ready for what the day has to come. But even as simple as it is in itself, even as simple as pushing yourself off the bed seemed... Tedious now. (And honestly, it would be a little disrespectful as this bed and this house is not yours). But the bigger problem was; you sincerely don't know the reason why. You literally woke up like this. But... It just can't come in out of the blue! There has to be a reason... Can it?

Amidst your inner confliction, a soft inhale startled you awake from your thoughts as you suddenly notice your lover's arms further securing his hold on you as he buried himself into your hair, continuing to inhale your scent to the depths of his memories.

"...Quake?" You gently whispered against him, as you slowly, subtly, tilted your head upwards to him

There was a droning:"Yes, my beloved?" that was filled with weak, tired groans, before proceeding to nuzzle you close.

"I'm sorry," You continued to say, pressing yourself to his neck. "Did I wake you?"

"No, not really..." His head shook above you as he placed his cheek on the top of your head, still in a daze. "What's wrong, Dear?"

You sighed, hopeless. And for a while you couldn't answer him; you were just thinking about it earlier and until now, you have no answer.. "I... I don't know..." You sadly admitted. "I don't feel so well..."

There was a solemn silence at first, then to add to your startlement and surprise, Quake suddenly lifted himself up, gently unwrapping his arms around you and leaving you back on his mattress as he did so, before suddenly going on top of you as if pining you down and then pressing his forehead against yours; eyes still gently closed as there was a thoughtful expression plastered on his face.

"Q-Quake?!" You squeaked bashfully. It's so early in the morning, you don't even know what time it is but it definitely doesn't seem like the time to do this yet! You shrinked from embarrassment as you squeezed your eyes shut from his actions, heat rising up to paint itself onto your cheeks. Oh dear heavens have mercy on your soul for you cANNOT handle the suddenness this was all taking place!