β || Glacier | Fallen Miracle

A/N: Oh look, I updated :'D Picture above is drawn by me and I blame Puffy_The_Quoter and mochaccitae for their reactions in the comments when they saw this picture. Thanks to you two, I updated, so hurray? :'DDD
_________________________________

You still remember it, that day, in that time of the year. When grumbling clouds of grey circled around the sky and blocked the sun until no one knows when it will shine through again. When harsh stormy cyclones swept through your once peaceful little island and blew away roofs and cars and street lights until they collapsed to the ground; the light that guided them in their way flickered until it's gone, just like their hope. And when you look around, the next thing you knew, everything was suddenly covered in a cold bed of ice and snow, and froze almost everything around her in sight.

It was a hard time for the people of Pulau Rintis to stand up after that incident.

Everyone thought they have angered the gods for them to be punished like this, or have wronged the universe greatly. And with no one to turn to, they all went by their ways to get through and survive the abrupt economical change in environment, while some did their best to help warm and feed each other in the midst of this new ice age. And recalling such a scary, vivid memory, you'd ponder, just like everyone facing this crisis; what have they done wrong?

But only the mortals living in this world could answer that, not the people from above. The way they give answers to the mere frail creations of wonder may vary from extremity to subtlety, and it's up to them to realize it on their own; they were the sole reasons why their homes were put to such a state, after all.

But as an individual, as one of the youths of this island, you yourself couldn't help but wonder how will they give you their answer. Yes, you understand you should find the answer on your own, but as a troubled girl falling behind her peers, you were insecure to think of seeking what you sought with what knowledge you have.

And also as a girl who could get cold by the mere presence of an electric fan's winds, it was a great struggle for you to withstand tempest's violent, unwanted 'welcoming' when the start of this ice age happened. It blew so hard in a fast paced going various directions, you tried to hold your balance as you were pulled left from right, before the numbing cold finally sunk in, and darkness consumed you before you lost your composure.

You weren't sure how you survived after such an immense storm, you weren't sure how you woke up to find a boy as young as your age possibly nearly freezing at the brink of death and unconscious (rather handsomely too, might I add) next to you, and you weren't sure how you still managed to have enough strength to get up, carry him, and climb up the hill from where you have fallen, and went home without getting sick. Honestly, it was the greatest miracle you've ever had in your life.

Well, that was what you first thought to be the greatest miracle...

"How's the tea, Glacier?" You greeted the boy you saved from before from across the living room, whom was sitting at a dining chair in front of the table, seeing as the dining room and living room were connected in your home.

Said boy merely turned to you with a warm-hearted smile, just like his soul. "Rather comforting."

You reciprocated the action. It seemed a little suspicious for your odd meeting to be a coincidence, because right from the moment you laid your eyes on him, it was like you were destined to meet him. As if Destiny had gifted you this boy amidst the cold that enveloped Pulau Rintis into eternal snow, to be your blanket as of means to help keep you alive and well; He's the real miracle.

But he is also a defected one.

"Sometimes, you remind me of an angel." You voiced your thoughts aloud when you sat with him now, a mug of hot cocoa encased in your hands to add the much needed heat into your cold palms. "You're as beautiful as one, and has the mannerisms and behaviors of one too. And you're always there to help me get through every day."

The cotton candy hue on his face upon the compliment wasn't enough to tell you how much that meant to the seemingly human boy. "Why, thank you." He replied sweetly.

Then as quick as a flash of lightning from outside, his cerulean amber tinted eyes looked to the side, murmuring unbeknownst to you; "You have a keen eye, to describe myself as one..."

"Sorry, what was that?"

"Ah, nothing of the sort."

You exhaled softly. "But still," You insisted adamantly, the mug put to rest on the glass surface of your moonlight luminescent dining table as you gazed at the chocolate like liquid sitting peacefully inside your cup, your E/C irises reflected back your thoughtful, hazy expression. "What if you are one?"

You found him resting his cheek on his palm, and your breath hitched when you just realized the close proximity between the two of you from across each other, noses inches away yet to meet.

"Why are you so adamant to imagine such~?" He whispered, his hot breath kissing your skin.

You gulped, a vibrant blush not failing to bring color upon your cheeks as well. "I-It's just a thought, n-nothing wrong with that."

But there is definitely something wrong with you. Something unusual that's at the tip of your tongue and you have yet to find out...

Glacier hummed at your response, Cerulean fixating itself to E/C before chuckling lowly, and quietly, to himself. Before taking your palm, and caressed your dainty pale fingers with his soft, frail thumb. "Well, the reason isn't something of what you'd normally think of."

You arched a brow. "Like what?"

He smiled. "If an angel has fallen, what do you think would be the reason for their banishment from heaven?"

You blinked, you definitely weren't expecting such an indirect response. Also, banishment? That's a big word to involve in a scenario. But you played his game, and thought carefully. "...Because, they... Have done something wrong?"

He nodded. "Usually." He mused, his eyes turned to look back outside with an unreadable expression, it made you (randomly) thought he's greeting someone from the sky.

"Usually?" You repeated curiously, your interest increasingly piqued.

"Yes." He looked back at you. "You could look at it from one perspective, and you'd form your opinion of it. Look at it from another, and you'd think differently."

You hummed, but you were really itching to get an answer from him. "But what's so complicated about yours?"

"It's a rule that should be strictly followed, prohibited from breaking." He simply stated, still somewhat dodging your question, to your dismay and irritation. "It's a rule that is meant to keep balance to avoid shattering 'order' from disarray..."

You narrowed your eyes. "Which is?"

Glacier looked intensively at you, brows furrowed seemingly in unsaid frustration and longing with his lips pursed that made you wonder how much he has yet to reveal to you, but a hindrance is pulling him apart. Ropes of fate pulling him away from your fingertips little by little without your knowledge.

Softly, he tucked a strand of your hair behind your ear. "Never to fall in love..." He whispered. "Yet, destiny had different plans for you and I..."

_________________________________
A/N: Yes, I have a story planned, hence the not-so-random extra added info in the paragraphs. Yes, there may or may not be a part two, or three :'DDD