please comment to see if it works

"Friendship isn't about whom you have known the longest...it's about who came, and never left your side."

_____________________

Since Dylan was being thrown into the production of his solo debut while the other members were busy with their promotions and group activities. The ones that Dylan couldn't join.

The company was reverting back into his cold and mysterious image that they wanted for him. They gave him his Ice Prince persona, it wasn't his choice. His solo debut was meant to solidify his presence as a solo artist not a member of the group.

Dylan was tired. Tired of pretending to be okay and not telling the truth.

He had kept quiet about some many things for the sakes of other people.

Even his hiatus was staged by the company in order to keep his image intact. Dylan indeed did suffer from a serious back and leg pain but he didn't need to hide it from the members. The group manager had told him that making a big deal about his injury wasn't something that the team would afford a month before their comeback.

The instructors kept on telling him to practice due to his own schedule clashing with the group's practice time. However he had no say over his own schedule. His family had noticed that the company was starting to overwork him. His sister in law had forced him to get a checkup and notified the rest of the family. His family was very close to suing JYP Entertainment and terminating his contract but Dylan had stopped him for the sake of his members. His hiatus was done for please his family and also make it easier to distance Dylan from being associated with the group.

He didn't hate his family for prioritizing his health but the company didn't allow him to contact any of the members. The members wouldn't pick up the phone when he called or the managers did and said that they were busy.

That's why he focused on her rehabilitation before the untimely death of his close friend Jinyoung. He had adopted Asami during his hiatus as he was the person that Jinyoung entrusted his daughter with. Asami loved to call Dylan Uncle as he had been apart of her life almost since birth.

All the things he did were for the sake of others, never his own.

When recording for his single which was meant for his solo debut, he didn't have the chance to speak directly with Chan as they were also with their managers. Their own separate ones, as Dylan no longer worked with the manager in charge of the group.

"Chan hyung, can I speak with you?"

His manager quickly intervened, "Sorry Dylan-ssi but Chan has a schedule with the group."

Dylan didn't say anything and just watched as Chan walked out of the room without looking back.

Something was most definitely wrong if Chan had ignored him and the group manager rushed to separate them. He knew for a fact that the group didn't have any schedule as he often checked their schedule more than his own.

Dylan didn't see any of the other members as he prepared for his solo debut. They were beginning to choreograph the dance but Dylan wasn't in the mood to practice, therefore he was given a break.

During his break, Dylan couldn't hope but wonder around the building. He had managed to walk into the practice room that the members were going over their choreography.

This was probably the first time since the whole scandal with Soojin that they were in the same room. The last time was when he moved out of the dorms. He had planned to go back to the dorms to visit once in awhile but they had moved before he had the chance. There was nothing he could do about it. He didn't want to resort to hiring an private detective in order to find out the location of their new dorm, that was too much.