Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Dignity
Zanashi

After hearing those words from Captain Salzano, I honestly thought our plan is completely hopeless. It was definitely a failure. No doubt.

"I told you that this is an impossible mission. A total rubbish, Iris!"

"We can still do it, Sayyana.." she said, a little bit hopeful.

"Stop being so delusional, can you? We are not just talking about a simple man here. We are talking about Captain Salzano, Iris! Captain fucking Salzano!"

"I k-know but I still believe in you. You can do it."

"If you're too determined about your plan, then execute it yourself! If you won't do it, then it's over. No more discussion."

We're indeed fighting over who is more determined between the two of us. She's determined to carry out her plan and I'm as determined as her to reject her gibberish ideas!

I was really firm about my decision so I didn't understand why the next day, I am acting upon Iris' plan again. This is really frustrating! I'm starting to think she has an extraordinary power to twiddle person's mind on her palm.

"Ayan na siya! Dalhin mo na 'to, bilis!" she quickly said while shoving the tray into my arms.

Lunok ang natitirang dignidad, mabilis akong lumapit sa isang table kung saan madalas kong nakikitang umupo si Captain Salzano kasama si Raygan Rodriguez. All soldiers' and workers' eyes are on me, anticipating my next move, a bit confuse with what am I going to do next.

Captain Salzano stopped on his spot when he saw me placing the tray on his table. He's standing a little far from me but swear, I could feel his intense gaze piercing through me! Raygan Rodriguez, who was standing beside him, whistled as he gave me a teasing smirk.

"So you have a special delivery here, huh?" pang-aasar nito. "Si cap lang? Saan ang akin?"

"Kuha ka sa counter," mabilis kong sagot.

Lalong lumakas ang pagsipol ni Raygan. Ang ngisi ay lalo pang lumaki, tuwang-tuwa sa mga nangyayari.

It's almost impossible to say that with the given distance between me and Captain Salzano, I could already feel his dark energy suddenly consuming the courage that I gathered since yesterday night. Bahagya akong nainis nang dahil doon. Pinaghirapan kong ipunin pero isang tingin lang niya'y mawawala na?

With trembling hands, I pat the chair beside me, as if asking him to sit. His brow arked in an insulting way. Although he didn't say anything, the mock on his face was enough to put me into an unbelievable amount of shame!

I suddenly remember one of the steps Iris has said to me before proceeding into the cafeteria.

"You need to maintain eye contact with him, Sayyana. You need to show that you're really into him. You need to be natural! Chest out, chin up, and look directly into his eyes! If you can, do it seductively, Sayyana."

Seductively? Asa. I can still manage to look into his eyes but to look seductively? No freaking way.

Ginawa ko ang sinabi ni Iris maliban sa 'do it seductively'. Chest out, chin up, and make eye-contact. Kinailangan ko pang pisilin ang mga daliri ko para lang masalubong ang mabigat at mapanganib niyang titig.

"This food is for you, Captain Salzano.." I smiled awkwardly.

Bigla ay parang narinig ko ang nakakainis na sigaw ni Iris. Be natural, Sayyana! Mas lalo ko pang nilawakan ang ngiti at masiglang inilahad ang tray na puno ng pagkain.