New Weapon?

\\Sorry for the late update:)

~~~~~

-Derek's pov:

It was almost noon which meant I needed to pick up Isaac from school. The first time he ever asked me to do it seemed ages ago now. He was nervous, probably scared of me saying no to him. In any other situation including someone else, the answer would've been no. But I couldn't say no. Something about that kid and his past. It drives me crazy thinking a parent could do that to their child. I want to change that. I want him to feel safe and protected.

Once he saw the car his face lit up and came over. Greeting me with a 'Hi' he got in.

'Thanks' he said putting his seatbelt on. He was fidgeting with his hands. Something that drew my attention. He was nervous. I asked him about school which he only replied 'it was okay' then the car went silent. Unbearably silent, even for me.

"Are you okay?"  I asked.

"Oh, y-yeah am f-fine" 

"Isaac?" I pushed further. Now turning over to him.

"Can I ummm come back-y'know leaving with you at the loft?" he looked down playing with his shirt. 

"Why did something happen between you and Scott?" I asked concerned.

"No no everything is fine it's just that I don't wanna bother him and Melissa and I kinda wanna come back to you" Isaac admitted looking up at me and back down. His blue eyes pleading to hear my answer.

"You know I'm not good with this stuff- so just pack your things" 

"thank you" his lips turned upwards into a beautiful smile. I nodded in response and returned my eyes to the road.

Once I parked Isaac looked at me with a huge grin on his face.

"So you and Stiles huh?" I glared at him as he took me by a surprise.

"Oh it's okay I'll ask later-" he responded. I raised one eyebrow still glaring.

"or maybe never...y-yeah am good with never" I smiled cockily at his answer and got out of the car.

***
Today's pack meeting involved Stiles and his protection. As a human, it's our job to protect him. Because he is pack- and more. But we can't always be with him to protect him so he needed his own protection. A weapon

"So..that baseball thing he always has with him-"   

"it's a bat, his baseball bat Derek,"  Isaac said ironically. I rolled my eyes before getting back to the topic.

"Well anyway...what my dear nephew here is trying to say is that his baseball bat isn't an actual weapon" Peter came from...God knows where

"Seriously where does this dude come from?" Ethan scoffed. His hands flared up in a dramatic way

"Shut up and Peter go to hell-" I stopped for a second

"-wait actually you might be useful for once" Peter looked at me 'offended' and raised one of his eyebrows.

"I've seen that you and Chris are getting really close lately why don't you ask Argent if he could give us a good weapon for Stiles or something"

Boyd then barged in, surprisingly as he's the quiet one.

"You know it's Stiles we are talking about right? a hyperactive little shit who prefers a bat instead of anything else. I don't think he would even like to use a weapon instead of his now broken bat".

"Well he has to because otherwise, he will end up injured or dead," Lydia replied with a cocky attitude. The word dead and injured made my wolf wince inside.

"Anyway, I'll go I guess talk to Chris if you need anything-" 

"We'll make sure NOT to tell you now go!
After him leaving and finding our solution we all went to visit Stiles at the hospital.

-Stiles' pov:

I hate hospitals. The smell, the loneliness, everything was driving me crazy. I was bored all I wanted to do was be with my friends. With Derek.

The door opening stopped my track of thoughts. It was my dad

"Hey, daddy-yo what u got in there?" I mentally drooled as I caught a glimpse of the pizza box in his hands

"I know that you are not allowed to eat but why not I'm not letting my skinny ass kid starve ".

"Hey dad I'm not even that skinny." 

The disappointment grew on my face. I really thought I had gained some weight. I guess I failed at that too.

***

"Leave some for the old guy here" my dad laughed watching me devouring that pizza

"Y 'know I love you dad but Don't You Dare Touch my Pizza "  I slapped his hand and he bagged away.

"Okay here, take some" I said feeling guilty. He bought it after all. My dad smiled and took a slice.

Just after we had finished with our "pizza dinner" the whole pack stepped into the room. Each one holding a gift smiling. Derek was the one who hugged me first. Whispering 'i missed you' loud enough for me to hear. I smiled back letting him know I did too.

Scott then approached whispering "Dude control your arousal" I felt my ears burn and looked down. Trying to hide my face. I heard Derek chuckling. The asshole chuckled

~

-You think it's funny huh?- he looked up to face me.

-I did the mind thing, didn't I?-

-Yup -

-How. Dare. You. Laugh. At. Me.-

- I didn't do anything - he said "innocently".

-I am gonna make you regret it, Derek Hale!-

-How do I send a middle finger through my mind?-

-Stiles Shut up and leave my mind Scott is talking to you, idiot -

-sorry, I thought I was speaking to myself-

"STILES!!"

"Sorry man what were you saying?"  he just handed me a box and nodded at me to open it. 

I opened the box excited to see inside. A smirk appeared on my lips as I saw my gift.

"What's that?"  I asked. It was obvious what it was but why that?

"It's a gun for you bro, we want you to be safe,"   Scott cheered. Coming in for a side hug.

"Well, that's Awesome!"

"Unfortunately I can't let you have it Stiles'' My dad ruined the fun once again.

"But dad, my bat broke and this way I'm safe," I said and threw my hands up in defense. Without my bat I was completely unsafe. I needed something to make me feel strong.

"Stiles I said no You'll end up shooting someone or even yourself "  everyone laughed for some reason.

Isaac broke 1st and gave me a cake

"that's for you buddy I see that you have lost some weight or is it just me?"

Great. Just great anybody else?

"Wait until you see his bony hips"

Dad said laughing so hard that he made everyone burst into laughter again.
I felt uncomfortable and the fact that he said it unintentionally made things worse.
'At least keep it to yourself no need to share it'
I thought to myself.

I was drugged out of my thoughts when Derek squeezed my hand. He nodded at me with a warm smile. He must've sensed my state. I smiled back, my body instantly relaxing.

After a while, the pack left and Melissa came over to inform us I was healthy enough to return home.