CHAPTER THREE

It's been three days since Anna came back to school and she has successfully avoided Ben for those three days. As good as that was, it was also causing a strain on her friendship with Judah because Ben and Judah were roommates and avoiding him meant she couldn't spend that much time with her friend. She had hoped Judah won't notice because Queen was around but that wasn't the case.
She was very surprised when he came to the hostel to look for her that morning.
She was outside frying plantain in front of Serena's room when he heard the name he called her.
" Wassup, what are you doing in the girls' hostel" she asked surprised
" I came for breakfast obviously" he said in a sarcastic manner.
Queen was just giggling behind him.
Those two were so in love and they've been through a lot together that she always hopes that they stay together.
"So you just invited yourself for breakfast eh" Anna said teasingly.
" Yes na, since you don't want to see me again I decided to invite myself. Besides, you promised me plantain".
Serena came out and saw Judah with Queen and invited both of them inside.
After breakfast, Queen and Judah were talking about Ben's birthday that was in two days time and thinking of a present to get for him.
"Why don't you guys just buy him those 200naira boxers that they carry in wheelbarrows around the market" Anna chipped in and everyone laughed.
"I'm still looking for the part 3 of Hotel Transylvania sef" Anna said.
"I have it", Judah replied. It's in my tablet. You can come to my house and get it".
Anna thought for a moment before saying " I'm not emotionally ready to go to your house now. You could just bring it for me".
Judah just rolled his eyes at her and kept quiet.
Later that evening, Anna was sitting in the park and thinking about the best way to handle the situation with Ben because she knew she couldn't avoid him forever.
After a while, she decided to just face it and act like nothing happened after all the kiss didn't mean anything.
She was sitting there when Maxwell, a guy that has always said he liked her called.
She almost forgot that she agreed to meet him that evening. After receiving the call, she got up and went out of school to meet him outside the gate as agreed.
She knew for a fact that she wasn't interested in Maxwell and she has made it clear to him several times but he was persistent.
She agreed to meet up with him because she needed the distraction.
When she arrived the gate, he was already waiting for her. He reached out to hug her and she reluctantly hugged him back.
" Hey Anna, you look amazing" Maxwell greeted with a smile.
"Thanks, you don't look bad yourself".
"How was the break na"
"It was good o but as usual I couldn't wait to get back to school" she added.
Maxwell was such a bore and they already ran out of things to say so she decided to look for an excuse to give and call it a night but before she could talk, he suggested that they go and buy suya. Anna accepted but she was a bit wary because accepting things from him could give the wrong impression.
After they got the suya, she bid him goodnight and went back inside the school. She decided to sit in the park and enjoy her solitude before going back to noisy hostel.
While she was eating her suya in the park, she heard Queen talking to someone on the phone. When she listened closely, she figured it was Ben. From what she could hear from the conversation,he was looking for her. Why was he looking for her now?Anna heard Queen said she was in the park and he should meet her there so she decided to leave before he gets there and they run into her.
She wasn't so lucky after all because as she was walking towards the hostel, Queen spotted her and called her over.
She went over to Queen and was trying to rush the conversation so that she could leave before Ben arrives.
She gave the suya to Queen in a bid to let her leave but she was talking.
As she turned to leave, she saw Ben standing right in front of her. There was no escaping it again. She had to face him now.
"Hey Anna, long time no see".