CHAPTER SIX

Anna looked up at the person that spoke and her eyes met with Ben's. He was wearing that his goofy smile that Anna likes but was always pretending she didn't.

"Hello ladies", Ben greeted still smiling.
"Bennie, I've been waiting for you since,where were you?"
Queen whinned as usual.
"I had things to do, but I'm here now so quit complaining" Ben replied in his cold as ice voice.

He turned to Anna as if just acknowledging her presence,
"Hey Anna, wassup?"he said with his fake British accent.
"I'm good Ben,how are you?"she asked.
"I'm doing just fine, thank you".

Ben sat at the middle of Queen and Anna and Anna started feeling nervous because of the proximity.

She really didn't know why Ben or the thought of him always gave her funny feelings but she sure as hell didn't like it.

Just as Anna was about to get up and go back to the hostel, Judah arrived.

"Wassup my people, what's popping" Judah greeted with his bubbling voice.
Judah has always been the life of the party. Always making noise and finding ways to put a smile on everyone's face.

"I missed you Judah where have you been all day?"Queen asked getting up to give Judah a hug.

"I'm so sorry dear, my mum sent me on errands".
"Joseph, wassup na come let's talk" he called out to Anna.

Anna turned to look at Queen and saw the sad expression on her face. She knew that to an extent Queen wasn't happy about her closeness but there was no way she was going to stop it because Judah was her closest friend an she liked hanging out with him.

"Judah I was calling you because I wanted to get the movie we talked about". Anna said trying to avoid a personal conversation in other not to hurt Queen's carfeelings.

"So that's why you made me run all the way here".
"Yes and your girlfriend was missing you too".

"Oh I see, Queen, I'm so sorry I couldn't spend time with you today I was very busy".
" It's okay Judah, I totally understand, at least you're here now". Queen said pulling Judah in for a hug.

They were always the type of couple that liked PDA and hanging out with them was always bound to get uncomfortable.

"Judah, do you mind taking a walk with me?" Queen asked apparently looking for privacy.
"Sure, the evening is very beautiful for a walk" Judah replied.

Before Anna could realize what happened, she was alone with Ben and she started to think about the kiss once again.
She was disappointed because the kiss was too short for her to even know what it felt like.

"So how was your break?", Ben spoke up breaking the awkward silence.
"It was okay", she replied.

Anna had to think of something else to say because Ben wasn't really the type of person to start a conversation.

"How was your birthday yesterday"she asked hoping to get the conversation going.
"It was boring, I just spent the day at home" he replied.
"Oh, so you didn't get any birthday present from one of your numerous women?" Anna asked teasingly.
"As surprising as it is for you to hear, Queen was the only person that got me a birthday present".
"Ehyaa, don't worry there is always next year".
"Yeah, I guess".

They feel into another awkward silence after that with both of them just tapping away on their phones.

Anna wasn't sure Queen and Judah where going to return anytime soon so she was about to call it a night and go back to the hostel even if it meant going back to boredom.

As she was about getting up, Ben looked up from his phone at her.
Anna was immediately caught off guard by his expression.
He turned to her and held eye contact with her making her nervous.

"So do you mind if I ask you a question", Ben asked with so much seriousness.
"You just asked me a question", Anna replied trying to shake off the nerves.
"Oh, I mean another question",he said.
"You just did again", she said teasingly.
"Fine, I have a very important question to ask you", he said smiling.
"Okay, I'm all ears", she replied.
"How do you know for sure if someone likes you", he asked.