CHAPTER TEN

It was a usual afternoon and Anna was at Judah's place. She was lying on the bed with Ben and they were having a serious argument.

Anna and Ben spent most of their time together arguing about irrelevant things. They could never agree on anything.

Judah was sitting at the other side of the room engrossed with his phone.

Lately Judah has been acting weird and Anna couldn't help but notice.

She wanted to talk to him about it but she knew that he didn't like it when she interferes without his request so she let it be. She knew he would talk to her if he wanted to.

While Anna was still arguing with Ben, his phone started ringing.

Anna could see that it was Queen calling and she knew the call was going to be a long one.

After talking to Ben for some minutes, Queen requested for Anna.

Queen was telling her about a particular drug that they brought to the place where she was doing her SIWES.

Anna was wondering why Queen didn't talk to Judah also.

It was very obvious that the couple were having a fight but none of them told her about it so she decided to butt out.

After the call, she continued arguing with Ben about how he couldn't do anything to her if they were looked up in a room together.

" I promise you, when I'm done you won't be able to speak" Ben said grinning.

Anna laughed and looked up at him, " I bet the only thing you can handle is a mosquito".

But of them were defending their points vehemently.

Judah got up and started dressing up " When you guys are done with your stupid argument I'll be at the basketball court".

"Guy calm down na, we are supposed to go together", Ben said finally giving up on the argument.

"You guys were busy arguing like an old married couple na, so I didn't want to disturb you". Judah sounded angry and Anna was curious as to who the anger was directed at.

Ben got dressed too and they left the house. Anna didn't want to follow them to the basketball court again because she knew she was going to be bored.

"I'll just see you guys when you come back. Make sure you call me for dinner because I'm already hungry".

"Instead of waiting for us why don't you just cook already?" Ben said.

"Because I don't feel like cooking", she replied sticking out her tongue at him.

Anna walked to the hostel and headed straight to Serena's room. They we're finally back from their weekend and she was so happy to have some company in the hostel.

When she got to their room, she discovered they weren't in so she just took the key from the place they kept it and let herself in.

She was lying on her bed and chatting on WhatsApp when her phone started ringing again.

She saw the caller ID and it was Queen.

Anna was surprised because Queen just talked to her not so long ago.

"Wassup Queen", she said.
" Are you with Judah? "
" No, he went to play basketball".
Queen was silent for some seconds before saying " I think Judah is cheating on me".

Anna almost fell from the bed because of shock.
Although she suspected it, she didn't think it was true.

"Why do you think so?," Anna asked calmly.
"Because he is spending time with one girl in my compound".

Anna was so confused, she didn't know what to say. It was true that Judah was spending too much time with the girl but that doesn't mean he was doing anything with her.

When Anna asked him about the girl, he told her that the girl was going through stuff and needed someone and he was just there for her.

Anna knew that Judah had a saviour complex and was always thinking he could help everyone.

She had no choice but to reassure Queen that Judah wasn't cheating on her. She even promised to keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't follow another girl.

Anna felt so drained after the call. Relationship issues. She sighed.

As much as Anna loved having someone to love, she was scared of relationship because of all the troubles.

Anna was almost falling asleep when she heard her phone ringing again.

It was Judah this time and he called to inform her that they were home.

Anna immediately jumped up from the bed and went to take her bathe.

She arrived shortly at Judah's place and met Been cooking.

Judah was inside still on his phone.

Anna remembered her call with Queen and thought about talking to Judah about it but later chickened out.

She knew Judah was going to get all defensive and she didn't want to fight with him, especially when she was hungry so she decided to talk to him after eating.

After eating the dinner of boiled yam and egg sauce, Anna was finally ready to talk to Judah.

Before she could even start the conversation, Judah got up and told them he was heading out.

Anna was so disappointed she didn't get the chance to talk to him and she knew he was going to see the girl.

She was really confused and hated being put in the middle of couple drama.

After a lot of consideration, she decided to talk to him about it the next morning.

She got up and was about going back to the hostel when Ben offered to walk her back.

It was strange because Ben was never nice but she accepted it all the same because she was scared of walking back to the hostel alone.