CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Anna was still feeling guilty about making out with Ben. She should have stopped him when he tried it. Now she has to face the awkwardness that was sure to follow.

She knew it meant nothing to him and he'll probably just toss it into his basket of mistakes made, but to her, it wasnt nothing.

How will Judah and Queen react if they find out? Especially Queen because she warned her to stay away from him.

After thinking for a while, Anna decided that the best thing to do was to avoid him for a while.

She was so bored in the hostel that she decided to call Queen. She didnt know if Queen will answer her because she was always busy with work but she just tried anyway.

Queen answered the call after the third ring.

" Hey you, wassup?" Anna greeted, excited to have someone to talk to.

" I'm okay, just trying to get home from work".

" Stop making it seem like you are one working- class lady abeg".

" But I am a working class lady na, is it easy", Queen said jokingly.

After talking about random things, Anna finally told Queen about the making out. She was almost crying because she felt so guilty.

"But i told you to be careful na", Queen said in that her motherly tone that was reserved for the few times when she was serious.

"I know you did, but it just happened, i dont even know how it happened". Anna said sadly.

"Well it did and now you have to live with it and make sure it doesn't happen again".

Anna was very certain she didnt want it to happen again because she didnt want to become an emotional wreck.

She thought it was over till Queen added, " I think you should tell Judah about it, that way it wont happen again".

" But I cant", Anna whinned. Why was she so stupid as to make out with someone that was supposed to be her friend.

"You will tell him because he's the best person to handle the situation" Queen said with a tone that left no room for more arguments.

Anna finally accepted to talk to Judah about it but she said she wasnt ready and will talk to him when she was okay.

After the call ended, Anna thought she was going to feel better but instead she felt worse.
She was feeling like a slut that makes out on any opportunity given to her. Why didnt she stop him? She kept asking herself as she started crying.

She cried till her head hurt and there were no more tears left to cry.

She didnt want to be a rebound even if she knew without a doubt that was what she was to him.

She was still crying when Judah called her and told her he was in school.
She wanted to go over to his place but she knew Ben was there and he was the last person she wanted to see.

After thinking for a while, she decided to go and spend time with Judah. She wont tell him anything just yet, but staying around him will make her feel better.

She got dressed and went, she will try to act normal around Ben when she sees him. Afterall she was very good at pretending that nothing happened.

When Anna got there, she met Ben and Judah trying to cook. She just realized that she hadnt eaten all day and she wasnt even hungry because she spent the day crying and thinking.

Anna felt so drained and exhausted from all the tears that she just went to lie down.

Judah asked if she was okay and she said she was. She knew she couldnt keep it from him for long, especially since Queen knew about it but she wasnt ready to tell him just yet.

The guys finished cooking and she realized it was boiled yam, her worst food but she had to eat or go hungry.

After dinner, Anna felt herself burning up and she knew it was as a result of all the crying she did so she just lay down to rest.

Judah asked if she was okay and she replied affirmative. He seemed worried but just decided to let it be since she said she was fine.

"You are burning up", Ben said trying to feel Anna's temperature.

" I'm okay, just a little headache", Anna replied, not comfortable with the proximity between them.

"Hope you wont fall sick o" ,Judah added from the other side of the room.

"I'm fine, you guys should stop worrying about me", Anna told them, tucking the pillows closer to her.

Judah left Anna and Ben to go get something from the neighbour's.

Immediately he left, Ben scooted closer to Anna and their faces where almost touching.
This made Anna very uncomfortable, she knew he could hear her breathing loudly.

She didnt know what he wanted and was about telling him to respect her personal space when he said " Anna, can you please not tell Queen about what happened between us?"

Anna gulped loudly. How does she tell him that it was already too late and she has told Queen everything.

She didnt know what to say so she said the only thing she could.
" I wont tell her", she said weakly.