CHAPTER FIVE

This chapter is dedicated to  I_am_Seunfor being the first person to vote on the story..It means a lot to me ❤️❤️

Anna heard rumors about the impending strike before she resumed for the semester but she didn't tell her parents about it because she knew they wouldn't let her resume if they found out.
She really needed to resume because school was her only escape from the drama of her dysfunctional family.

Anna was relaxing in her room when Serena and Peace ran back from class all smiles.
"Why are you guys so happy like this?" She asked none of them in particular.
" ASUU has officially announced the strike" Peace screeched.
"Calm down young lady, let's not get so excited"Anna reprimanded her.
"I'm excited o, because now I can finally catch up on all the things I'm yet to read" Peace replied.
Serena didn't say anything to both of them. She was just sitting and smiling.
"What's even the date sef?" Anna asked and checked her phone to verify.
Her eyes widened in surprise when she saw the date because she just realized it was Ben's birthday.
She was already having conflicted feelings if she should call him to wish him a happy birthday or just act like she doesn't know. With Ben she's always confused.
She was still deliberating on her choices when she got a call from her pastor asking her to come over for an emergency meeting.
She decided to call Ben much later and be the bigger person because on her birthday, he just gave her a missed call.

When Anna got to her pastor's house, she was already late because she had to walk the distance. It was a meeting to discuss the financial needs of the church and as the head of the ushering department, it was her responsibility to do everything possible to raise funds for the church.

After the meeting, Patience, a fellow church member asked Anna to wait for dinner.
Anna didn't really like Patience because she thought that Patience was extra but then she had to develop a working relationship with her for the sake of the church. Anna waited and had dinner before she left.

While Anna was walking back to her hostel, she finally called Ben. While it was still ringing, she was silently praying he doesn't answer the call but no such luck because he answered the call.
Immediately Anna heard his voice, her heart started racing and she almost forgot why she was calling him.
"H hello"she stuttered feeling very nervous.
"Oh hi, he replied with his obviously fake British accent that always annoyed her.
Whenever Anna didn't know how to talk to Ben, she always went for sassy.
"So this is me, calling you to wish you a happy birthday, even if you didn't call me on my birthday."she said rolling her eyes like he could see her.
" Wow, that's so nice of you, thank you very much" he replied, "I didn't expect it".
"That's because unlike you, I'm a good person".
"Yeah, you always remind me of that".
"Anyways, happy birthday Ben".
"Thank you so much Anna".

Anna couldn't stop herself from smiling after she ended the call. She didn't what it was about Ben that infuriated and excited her at the same time but she was certain she didn't like it.

Anna was back in the hostel with Queen. She was helping Queen pack her things because she was traveling back the next day. Anna was trying to cheer Queen up because she was sad. Judah was supposed to be spending time with her since she was leaving the next day but he said he had prior engagements and couldn't be there.
"My boyfriend treats me like crap"Queen whinned.
"No he doesn't, he's just too busy that's why".
"Yeah, he's always too busy for me. I bet he'll come back if you call him".
Anna didn't like being dragged into their drama because it always made her uncomfortable.
And she already had a lot on her mind without the additional drama so she just changed the topic and let it be.

After packing,Anna decided to call Judah after all because Queen was becoming very cranky.
Judah said he was on his way and would meet them in the park so they went to the park to wait for him.
"See, I told you he would come if you called him", Queen complained to Anna.
Anna was tired of reassuring her of Judah's love for her so she just smiled and said nothing.
She was about calling Judah again when she heard the voice and just like that, the funny feeling was back.