CHAPTER NINE

Anna woke up with a jolt to her phone ringing beside her. She quickly silenced the ringer and stepped out because she didn't want to disturb her roommate that was still sleeping.

She saw from the caller ID that it was Judah and as much as he disturbed her sleep, she was glad because she was very bored.

Serena and Peace had gone home for the weekend and she didn't have any other friends in the hostel.

"Hey Judah, wassup?,she said sleepily.
"I'm good o, where you sleeping?" He asked.
"Yeah, I didn't have anything to do so I decided to take a nap", she said while yawning.

"Oya na, I wanted to check up on you and inform you that I was back", he told her.

"Yayyy, it's a good thing you are back, now I won't stress myself for what to eat this evening" she said excitedly.

"Yeah, we will find what to eat together", he told her.
"Where are you now?" She asked him.
"I'm about to go to the basketball court, dress up let's go together" Judah told her.
" I don't feel like going out now," Anna said.
"It will be fun, I promise, you'll be my personal cheerleader", he said jokingly.

"Ok then, I'll get dressed", she said reluctantly.
" Good, I'll be waiting for in front of the hotel in ten minutes time," Judah said and hung up.

Anna was very reluctant about going with Judah to the basketball court because she knew there would be lots of people and she wasn't comfortable around strangers especially boys.

She thought about calling Judah and bailing but then realized that she didn't have anything interesting to do so she got dressed and went out to meet him.

They walked together to the court and engaged in small talk on their way.

Upon arrival, Anna was beginning to regret her decision because she was the only girl there. She felt so out of place especially because of the awkward stares she was receiving.

To make it worse, Judah left her at the sidelines and went to play. She tried to watch the game but she didn't understand anything that was happening, just a bunch of sweaty males running around shouting and chasing a ball.

So much for entertainment she thought. The only difference between this and staying in the hostel was the fact that she came out.

She spotted Ben running awkwardly with his long legs towards the ball and the sight made her smile because she thought he looked ridiculous.

Anna decided to use her phone to kill time while she waited for the game to be over and silently prayed that it would be over soon.

Anna had to wait for one long and painful hour before the game ended.

When they finished, the boys headed in her direction and she started getting nervous again.

Fortunately, all the guys ignored her except Judah, Ben and unknown guy.

Judah draped his hand on her shoulder with his sticky body and man sweat. Anna wanted to shrug it off but decided against it because the action might upset him as he was a very sensitive fellow.

Ben greeted Anna with a smile when he got there.
"Hey Anna", he said giving her a very big grin, " I didn't expect to see you here".
"Me too Ben, I never expected to see myself here", she replied.
"So what brings you here?" he asked.
"Judah practically dragged me here. When you have Judah in your life, you tend to do the unexpected" she said and they both laughed.

Judah didn't find it funny that they were laughing at his expense so he said they should get going because he was tired.

Judah took Anna's hand and they walked ahead of Ben and the unknown guy.

Anna overhead the guy telling Ben that he was certain Anna was at the court because of Judah. Ben asked why he thought he wasn't the one Anna came to see and he said it was impossible for a pretty girl like her to visit the court because of Ben.

Anna smiled to herself when she heard the stranger call her pretty.

She was used to people saying she was beautiful but it still made her feel good when she hears it from people, especially a guy she thought was cute.

She wanted to talk to the guy but didn't know how to without creating the wrong impression she wanted Judah to introduce them but she didn't ask because he'll start asking questions.

The boys decided to get drinking water and some fruits when they got out of the gate so they had to cross to the other side of the road.

Judah held Anna's hand while they crossed. It was something he did out of habit and Anna loved it because it made her feel like a baby.

After getting the water, the cute stranger said goodbye to the guys and left. He waved Anna while he was going and she was too shocked to respond.

She was still thinking about the cutie when her stomach growled.
She quickly reminded Judah about dinner.
After a heated argument back and forth between Ben and Judah on what to eat, it was decided that Judah was going to cook spaghetti.

On getting home, Judah started cooking but received a very strange call.

Anna could tell that he was talking to a girl that wasn't Queen and immediately after the call, he left her alone with Ben and told them he was going to see to a friend.

It was obvious the friend was female and from the call it sounded like they were more than friends but Anna decided not to dwell on the thought.