CHAPTER EIGHT

After Queen left, Anna spent most of her time with Serena and Peace.

She didn't like staying in her room because she wasn't exactly friendly with her roommates and Judah was still very busy.

She was with them that evening when Peace asked her to go and get movies from Judah.

" I told you guys I was not emotionally ready to go to that house". Anna complained to Peace.

"Do I care?" Peace rolled her eyes " better go and bring movies that we'll watch this night o".

"Anna please go and get the movies for us, you know this strike is the only opportunity we have to watch movies" Serena said gently. She was always the calm one while Peace was the firecracker.

"Ok fine, I'll go but I don't want to go alone". Anna conceded.

"Peace will go with you" Serena suggested.

Anna finally accepted to go with Peace but when they got to the gate, Peace said she couldn't go out because she wasn't properly dressed so Anna had to go there alone.

When Anna got there, Judah wasn't home unfortunately. It was just Ben and Philip their other roommate that she met.

"Hey babe, wassup" Philip greeted her.
" I'm good o, how are you" she replied.
"I'm doing ok sha, what did you bring for me?"
"I didn't know you were around na, I would have brought something for you".
"Ok na".

Ben was engrossed with his phone and didn't even notice Anna so she decided to just get on with her mission and leave.

"Hey Philip, pls I came to get movies from you".
"I don't have any movie on my phone, all the movies are in the laptop and its Ben's so you have to ask him".

Anna didn't want to ask Ben for anything after all he was ignoring her but she knew she had to else Peace will kill her.

"Hey Ben," she called, snapping her fingers in his face to get his attention.
"Oh! Anna you are here, I didn't notice you come in".
"Why would you when you're busy with whatever it is you are doing".

"I was actually having the conversation i told you about" Ben told her without looking away from his phone.

"Can I borrow your laptop, I need to get movies", Anna told Ben.
She really hoped it was going well for him because he really liked the Joyceln girl.
"It's over there on the bed, you can get the movies you want".

Anna settled on the bed and was transferring the movies she wanted. Philip had stepped out and she was alone with the extremely distracted Ben.
She was very curious to know what the girl's reply would be but she didn't know how to ask him.

Fortunately, Ben turned to her and asked," what exactly do I tell her".
"Tell her exactly how you feel Ben, you can never go wrong".
"And what if she tells me she has someone already?"he asked.
"I don't think she'll say that", Anna said confidently.
"Well she just did", Ben told her sadly.

Anna didn't know what to say to Ben after the revelation.
She knew he was just putting up a facade and acting all fine.
For a long time, she was all he could talk about and now this happened.

She searched her brain for the right words to say to him but came up with nothing.

"You will be fine", Anna told him lamely.
"Of course I'll be. I won't even give her the benefit of knowing it hurt me" he said cockily.

Anna was wondering how he could be so calm and collected after a heartbreak, but then it was Ben the Mr uptight.

When Anna was done with the movies, she got up to leave and was surprised when Ben offered to walk her back to the school gate.

They walked in comfortable silence, each with their own thoughts.

It was when Anna got back to school that she realized Peace was still waiting for her by the gate.