CHAPTER FOUR

Anna was always speechless when she was around Ben and tonight was no exception. Just being close to him makes her nervous that she mostly forgets everything she wants to say.

They both stood facing each other awkwardly not knowing if they should hug.

Ben finally opted for a handshake and it felt very weird.
"I heard that you were back but it looks like you succeeded in staying away" Ben said breaking the silence.

" I wasn't staying away, I was just busy with stuff" Anna replied.
Queen just stood there watching  them.

"Anyways, I'm going to the hostel now so see you around" , Anna said and walked away from there as fast as her legs could carry her.

She heaved a sigh of relief because she had already seen him and gotten over the awkward moment that she has been avoiding. At least now she can see Judah whenever she wanted to.

It was just two days left to Ben's birthday and Queen was going crazy with worry over the perfect gift to get him on a low budget.
"Bennie takes his birthday very personal because he doesn't get to celebrate it always", Queen whinned.
"I already told you the perfect present to get for him but you won't listen", Anna replied obviously not enthusiastic about it.
" He's my best friend and he expects me to do something nice for him and last year all I did was get him one cup cake."
" Don't worry, just get him anything you can afford I'm sure he'll appreciate whatever it is."

Anna got up and left the room because she didn't want to continue the conversation.

She kept on telling herself that the kiss meant nothing to her and everything will go back to normal eventually but she couldn't help but think about it and wish she kissed him back or he kissed her for more than just two seconds.
She couldn't even say if he was a great kisser like Queen said because the kiss was very short and now she was confused.
She wanted more but at the same time knew it was wrong to kiss someone that was supposed to be just friends with you.