🌌 Chapter 1 🌌

...

Where...am I?

Why...is it so dark?

What...happened?

"Ah, my dearly beloved."

"A lovely and noble flower of evil."

Who...who is talking?

Suddenly a girl finds herself in a mysterious room, not recognizing the things around her. A bright green light catches her attention, turning her head to face a mirror. She could barely see her own reflection, watching the bright green flames flicker in the mirror.

"Truly, you are the most beautiful of all."

The girl looks around, hearing the voice resound all around the room. The voice booming in something she couldn't detect. But is made her nervous, scared even. She looked back at the mirror, seeing something fade into view.

"Mirror mirror, on the wall."

She cups her hand over her mouth, surprised to hear her own voice speak at the same time. The image in the mirror is still fading into view, slowly becoming recognizable.

"Who is the..."

The girl didn't pay attention to the voice, now able to see the image in full. A carriage, pulled by strange skeleton horses. She could see inside the carriage, showing a coffin. She could also see a castle in the distance, putting together that castle was the destination. She didn't know why this coffin was being transported to the castle, or even know what castle it was. Nothing but blank was coming to her on how the image was related to what was happening.

"Those who are guided by the dark mirror...As long as your heart desires it..."

The image faded, instead in its place was a hand. The girl could see the hand reach for her, almost desperately. She didn't know why, but she could feel sense of longing, or something akin to screaming for help. As she studied the hand more, she could see the hand shifting. Changing size, shape, even color. It was all the same hand though, one reaching for her to take. Calling for her desperately.

"Take the hand that appears in the mirror."

The girl hesitates in her movements, reaching her hand out to take the hand(s) into her own. She gasped, seeing her own hand reach through the mirror. She hesitated again, noticing how the hand(s) were stretching as far as it could to take hers. She could feel the desperation for contact, wishing to touch her skin.

It would've been creepy, had it not been for the other feeling of helplessness the hand(s) gave. She reached into the mirror more, letting the hand(s) smooth its thumb over hers. Its grip was gentle yet firm, as if scared she would break or let go and run away.

But she didn't feel scared, and she didn't run away. She gripped the hand(s) tighter, trying to reassure it, it gripped tighter in return. A feeling of gratitude washed over, as if thanking her. She didn't know for what though.

"For me. For them. For you."

The voice resounded again, catching the girl's attention.

"We are all running out of time."

"No matter what..."

More voices resounded from within the mirror, surprising the girl. She looked into the mirror, barely seeing a pair of lips kiss her hand. She couldn't see the owner, shadows obscuring them. But she could still the shape, size, and color of them shifting still. Then she could see bright eyes open, glowing in the shadows. Their color and shape too, shifting. She could feel the lips still on her hand shift into a smirk.

"Never let go of my hand."