🌌 Chapter 18 🌌

"Eh?!" Crowley screamed in shock at the group. They all stood in the Mirror Chamber, the group having just returned into time before Crowley locked the mirror's path. "You really went to Dwarfs' Mine to find a magic crystal?!"

"Huh?!" The group asked.

"I didn't really think your four..." The man mumbled to himself. "Would not only go but then come back with a crystal in hand..."

"I quietly completed the paperwork for your expulsions..."

"What?!"

"The nerve of this guy!" Grim growled. "He did that while we wearing fighting off some crazy beast!"

"Beast?" The man asked.

"There was this crazy giant monster!" Ace explained. "It was all gross and crazy strong! Just awful!"

"Hmm...could you explain in more detail please?" Before the group could he raised his hand. "We'll do this in my office."

The group quickly walked. As they reach the room, the girl looked around to see portraits of the Great Seven. She shivered when she noticed the portraits were staring at her with such animosity.

"Now then, continue." Crowley instructed. The girl then explained what happened, omitting unimportant details like the males fighting each other or Ace holding her hand.

"I see...a mysterious monster living in the coal mine." Crowley confirmed, nodding his head as he listened. "And the four of you worked together to defeat it? All in order to bring back a magic crystal?"

"Yes Sir." The girl replied.

"We didn't really work together..." Ace grumbled, fidgeting with Deuce and Grim.

"It's more like our goals were aligned..." Deuce said.

"Oh shut it." The girl huffed. "You guys totally worked together, it's not gonna hurt your pride to admit that."

Suddenly fat tears rolled down Crowley's face. He let out a large sob, confusing the teens.

"What the?! What's with him?! Why is an adult bursting into tears?!" Grim asked in shock. The group continued to stare in shock until the adult collected himself.

"In all my years that I have been headmaster." He said in between sniffles. "I'd never imagine for the day to come that students from Night Raven College work hand in hand to face and defeat their enemy!"

"What?! I did not hold this guy's hand!" Deuce exclaimed in shock.

"I would never do that, gross!" Ace yelled, causing the girl to roll her eyes. "How old are you, Headmaster?!"

"It's a figure of speech you idiots." The girl sighed, shaking her head. "And how old are you? Still believe cooties exist?"

"Shut it!"

"I am overwhelmed with emotion!" The headmaster sobbed. "This incident confirms it! (Y/n)! Without a doubt, you have a talent as a beast tamer!"

"Wait what? But I didn't tame any-"

"Students of Night Raven College are budding wizards called here by the Dark Mirror." Crowley explained, shedding light to what he meant. "However, they believe they are a superior class and that makes them prideful and egotistical people."