🌌 Chapter 4 🌌

"Off With Your Head!" Riddle yelled.

"Ah?!" Grim stopped in his tracks, feeling a weight on his neck. "What is this?!"

"Laws of The Queen of Hearts number twenty-three; One shall never bring a cat into the festival." Riddle quoted. "You being a cat means you've broken the rule. You shall leave at once!"

The girl tilted her head at the word 'cat', now looking closer at Grim. She could now see the creature did resemble more of a cat than a tanuki, even if his ears were on fire and his tail was that of a devil's pitchfork.

"I'm not a cat!" Grim exclaimed. "I'll burn this collar right up and...w-wait, I can't use my fire?!"

"Hmph!" The red head smirked. "You won't be using any magic until I remove that. Just like an ordinary cat."

"What?! I'm not some kind of pet!"

"Like I would ever keep a pet like you." Riddle scoffed, placing his hand on his hip. "I'll take it off when you're thrown out anyway."

"Wow, as impressive as ever Riddle. Any and all magic are sealed by your unique magic." Azul praised the shorter male. "I want it...ah, no. I wouldn't want it used on me."

As the girl watched this interaction, she felt hands grasp her shoulders. She turned her head to meet angry eyes of Crowley.

"You must do something about this! It is your familiar!"

"But he isn't!" She cried.

"Huh? It...it isn't your familiar?"

"No!" She glared at the male, gaining confidence to push his hands off of her. "What makes you think someone with no magic can have a magical familiar?!"

"Ah...you do have a point..." The man then coughed into his fist, embarrassed from his blunder. "Anyway, let's get it out of the school at any rate. We won't turn you into stew, for I am gracious."

"Gyaa! Let me go!" Grin cried, struggling as one student grabbed him by the scruff of his neck. "I have to stay!"

"I have to...become the greatest magician!"

She girl's features softened as she watch the cat creature dragged out of the room. She wondered why he was desperate, going so far to join the school. "I...kind of feel bad for him."

"Now then." Crowley started. "We had a bit of trouble along the way, but this brings the entrance ceremony to a close."

"Dormitory Heads, please show the new students the way back to the dorms." The man then looked around, noticing yet another missing figure. "Come to think of it...I don't see the dorm leader for Disomnia, Mr. Draconia, around at all."

"That's no different from usual, isn't it?" The male with lion ears replied, rolling his eyes.

"What? Did no one tell him about the ceremony?" The male (Y/n) helped asked.

"If you're gonna complain, you should've done it yourself." The lilac eyed male responded.

"Hmm...but I don't know anything about that guy." The shorter male replied, sighing.

Whispers erupted once again, speaking about the one Crowley mentioned. The girl listened as best as she could, curious on who cause the whispers this time.

"Draconia? As in Malleus Draconia?"

"He goes here?"

"Scary..."

"So it seems I was correct." Another voice said, right next to (Y/n). She let out a squeal in fright, quickly turning around to meet eyes with yet another male. He smiled at her, trying not to laugh at her frightful expression. "I thought he would come, but Malleus didn't."

"It seems the invitation 'never arrived' again, huh?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at the dorm leaders.

"That's...kind of rude." The girl mumbled, looking down to the floor. She didn't notice the new male had heard her, blood red eyes softening. He smiled, knowing at least someone was on Mallues' side.

"My deepest apologies." Azul said, though the girl looked up to see he didn't mean it by the male's eyes. "I promise, we didn't intend to exclude him."

"His aura makes him hard to approach." Riddle stated, not showing any signs of being sorry.

The girl frowned, feeling bad for this "Malleus" they were talking about. She thought how tough it must be for everyone to fear him and exclude him from important events.

"It's fine." The red eyed male sighed. "Members of Dismonia can follow me."

"I hope this doesn't upset him..." He muttered under his breath. All seven groups then walked out of the room. As they passed by the girl, she could feel some staring at her. She felt nervous as some were dismissive, like she was just a bug under them. She did feel better when the male she helped waved bye, giving her own shy one back.

"Now then." Crowley said after some time passed, catching the girl's attention. "I'm terribly sorry about this but..."

"I can't be here?" She asked, Crowley nodded. "I understand, I mean this is a magic school. It makes sense why someone like me could cause problems."

"I thank you for understanding, now." He gestured to the mirror. "Picture your home in your mind as clearly as you can. The Dark Mirror should bring you back safely."

"Ok." The girl closed her eyes, picturing her home. She smiled, perfectly seeing her room exactly how she left it. She couldn't wait to be back in her bed, awake from what she thought was a strange dream. She reached a hand out, placing it right before the mirror.

"Oh Dark Mirror! Guide this one back to the place they belong!" Crowley commanded the mirror.

Silence. The mirror didn't utter a noise.

"Once more...Oh Dark Mirror! Guide this-"

"It is nowhere."

"Eh?" Both asked.

"The place where this girl belongs does not exist in this world."

The mirror narrowed its eyes, staring into the girl's now opened and wide eyes. Again, the girl could feel it telling her something she couldn't understand. Something definitely wasn't right with this.

"What?"

"That's impossible!" Crowley exclaimed, before realizing. "Well...the impossible has been on a parade today."

"What does this mean Sir?" She girl asked, turning back towards the older man.

"This is the first time it's ever happened, since I became headmaster that is..." He said, he could see the girl was getting anxious. "Tell me...where exactly did you come from?"

"I'm from (c/n)." The girl replied immediately.

"Hmm. I generally know where all my students come from, but I don't know such a place." He explained, thinking over the lands of the world.

"Crowley Sir, does this mean I can't go home?"

"Do not fret Miss." He said reassuringly, trying to comfort the now almost panicking girl. He didn't realize how the girl thought this was all a dream, only for reality to crash on her. "We shall go to the library, to see if we can find any information."

"Ok..." The girl bit the nail of her thumb, wishing for some miracle of finding a way home.