🌌 Chapter 2 🌌

The girl opened her eyes, hearing something bang.

"What's...that noise?" She tried to look up, but there was only darkness around her. She tried to move, but she then realized she was confined into a tight space. "What the?"

"Crap! People are coming! Gotta find a uniform!" She heard someone speak, she could hear it came from outside her place of confinement. "Grr!"

She could feel everything shake, now thinking someone was saving her. She opened her mouth to speak, but before she could the voice spoke again.

"This is too heavy!" The voice whined, before growling in frustration. "Time for my secret move then!"

She could hear the voice make a noise before suddenly her place of confinement felt hot. Light now entering the dark place, showing the plush inside of some box. She didn't think about it further, for what lit the small dark place was extremely hot blue fire.

"G-gah! Fire?!" She screamed, finding her voice. She rushed to push the wall in front of her, opening herself free. She fell to the ground, bracing herself on her knees as she felt the blue flames barely burn her.

"Aah!" The voice screamed back. "Why are you up?!"

She looked up to see a grey creature in front of her, looking at her with wide blue eyes. She could see the creature's ears were on fire, and its tail resembling a devil's pitchfork. Her own eyes widened at the sight, fear seeping in.

"A-a talking tanuki?!" The girl screamed.

"Who are you calling a tanuki?!" The creature yelled in rage. "I am the Great Grim!"

"But enough of that..." The creature called Grim then pawed at the girl's pants. "You, human! Give me those clothes!"

"Wh-what? Why?"

"Cause if you don't...I'll roast ya!" Grim smirked, blowing flames at the girl. Fire surrounded her, before going out quickly.

"Getting roasted by tanuki in my dreams...that's a new one." She thought out loud.

"I'm not a freaking tanuki!" The creature then blew more fire, frightening the girl.

"A-ah! Someone help me!" She screamed as she ran out of the room. She could hear Grim scream after her, causing her to run faster as adrenaline coursed through her veins. She knew this had to be a dream, but that didn't make it all the less terrifying of being burned alive.

She finally ran out of breath, stopping in a place that seemed like a library. But she noticed how books just floated around the area, lanterns glowing a low green. She panted as she caught her breath. "I wanna wake up from this stupid dream."

A blue fireball barely missed her head, causing her to gasp. She tried to make a run for it, but she tripped on something and fell. She quickly turned when she saw more blue flames surround her once more.

"Did you really think you'd get away from my nose?" Grim smirked, feeling powerful from seeing the girl's frightful expression. "Dumb human."

"If you don't want to get roasted, you better- yah!?" Suddenly the sound of a whip crack reached the girl's ears, followed by a black rope wrap around the small grey creature. "Hah?! What's with this rope?!"

"This is no mere rope! It is a lash of love!" Another responded, stepping into the girl's line of sight. She could see the new party was a person, a tall male with eccentric clothing. He donned a mask, covering most of his face. She could still see his eyes, only seeing two yellow dots glowing in the darkness the mask made. His eyes moved to make contact with hers.