🌌 Chapter 9 🌌

"Whoa! So this is Main Street!" Grim exclaimed, looking at the path and statues in amazement.

"It's a nice path while heading to class." The girl said in agreement, before looking at the statues in curiosity. "Though these statues do look..."

"Scary." Grim finished, crossing his arms. "I didn't get a good look yesterday, but what's with them?"

"I don't know, but..." They looked familiar to the girl, although she pinpoint why they did.

"This granny looks especially snobby." Grim pointed at one specific statue.

"You don't know the Queen of Hearts?" Another voice asked, surprising the two.

"Queen of Hearts?" The girl tilted her head, now facing the newcomer. It was a student, with red spikey hair and a heart on his face.

"Is she important?" Grim asked.

"In the past she was the queen who lived in the Rose Maze." The newcomer explained. "She was someone who valued rules and discipline above all, strict in all things from the March of the Card Soldiers to the color of rose bushes."

"It was a land of madness where all submit to her rule." He said. "Why you ask? Because or else it was off with your head!"

"That's terrifying!" Grim cried.

"It's cool! I like it." The boy smiled. "Nobody would listen to a queen if she's nice all the time, right?"

"That's true..."

"But, a nice queen would have more willing to listen subjects." The girl thought out loud. "And while sometimes it's good to be strict, when does it draw the line to tyranny?"

"Like offing someone's head for a small mistake like a rose's color?"

"It's just how it was." The male said, almost baffled at the girl's words. "If she heard you say that it would be off with your head."

"Then that proves my point." She said firmly. "A queen doesn't have to be nice all the time, but if she's a tyrant or overly strict like that then it's only a matter of time before a revolution happens."

The two males looked at her in shock, causing her to realize what she said. "S-sorry, don't know what came over me."

"By the way..." Grim said, trying to move the conversation along. "Who're you?"

"I'm Ace, a fresh-faced first year. Nice to meet'cha." The newcomer replied.

"I'm Grim, a genius who'll become the greatest-" The girl nudged her foot at him, shutting him up. "Hey!"

"I'm (Y/n), basically the cleaning girl for now. It's very nice to meet you." She held out her hand to him, smiling. The male smiled back and shook it.

"You've got an odd sounding name."

"Ah...w-well I'm not from Twisted Wonderland. I'm foreign." She quickly said, making up what she hoped was a good excuse.

"Ah, cool."

"Hey, Ace." Grim called. "That lion over there, with the scar. Are they famous?"