🌌 Chapter 14 🌌

"So this is Dwarfs' Mine..." The girl said as she looked around. She could see the place was a clearing in some forest, not able to see past the trees due to immense darkness. "It's certainly creepy for an abandoned mine..."

"It used to be prosperous thanks to magic crystal mining." Deuce explained, recalling what his magic history teacher said. "But..."

"Urgh...feels like something could jump out." Grim said, shivering from fear. The girl nodded her head, shivering as well but from the cold instead.

"You mean like this?!" Ace screamed suddenly, jumping in front of the two three. They screamed, but the girl had managed to swing her arm at the red head. She had managed to hit a clean punch across the male's face, who fell to the floor from shock and pain.

"What the hell dude?!" Deuce yelled.

"What's wrong with you?!" The girl screamed, voice a higher pitch from fright.

"Me?! What's wrong with you?!" Ace cried, standing back up clutching his face. "You decked me in the face!"

"You deserve it for scaring us!" Grim said, clutching tightly on the girl's leg.

"What?! I was messing around!"

"In a situation like this?!" As the three males continued arguing, the girl finally noticed someone in the distance.

"Guys, there's a cottage over there." She pointed, having stopped them from fighting. "Let's see if anyone's home and ask about the mines."

"Ah, sure." The group of four walked to the small house, Deuce knocking on the small door.

"Excuse us." He greeted. The girl tried to look through the opened window, seeing the place abandoned like the mines.

"I think it's abandoned too, there's tons of cobwebs and dust." With that said the four opened the door and walked inside to investigate.

"It's a complete mess in here." Deuce stated, dodging a small web as he walked around. Ace looked around the opposite side of the cottage, careful not to knock anything over. Grim looked back to notice the girl still standing at the entrance.

"Why're you just standing there?" The monster cat asked.

"I..." She hesitated. "I don't really like spiders..."

"Eh?"

"Ha! Sissy." Ace mocked. "It's just cobwebs!"

"Shut up! I'm scared of spiders okay?!" She shouted, clenching her fists. "Not too mention it's dark and creepy here!"

Ace laughed, opening his mouth to chide her some more. "What you need to hold someone's hand to make you feel better?"

The girl scowled, fear leaving her as anger rose within. As she stomped inside the house, a small mouse ran by her feet suddenly. The girl jumped and fell on her bum in fright. Ace laughed as he witnessed the incident.

"Wow you're a scaredy cat!"

"Shut up!"

"Here." Deuce stepped in front of the girl with his hand extended. "You can stick by me."

"...thanks." She let the male help her up. Another mouse ran by her, causing her to jumped into the boy's chest in fright. When she realized what she did, the girl immediately backed away. "S-sorry."

"I-it's fine..." The two stood in silence for a few moments until Ace called.

"Hey lovebirds! Check this out!" Deuce looked at him incredulously, his face a dark flush of red, while the girl rolled her eyes and tried to comfort the cyan eyed male as they walked over. "Aren't the tables and chairs on the small side?"

"Well this place is called 'Dwarfs' Mine', I think these are for people with dwarfism." The girl rationalized. "There's one..two...wow seven, that's a lot in one house."

"This was probably a lively home when this place flourished." Deuce deduced.

"Kind of sad it's abandoned now..."

"They did what they had to do." Ace responded to the girl. "After all, not everything can stay forever."

"For now let's check out the mines." The rest of the group agreed with the red head, heading outside. As they did, Deuce warned the girl to duck when she almost ran into a cobweb. The group of four walked until they were in front of the entrance to the mines, a dark entryway with a tree growing over it.

"W-we're gonna go in that pitch black hole?!" Grim asked in fright, hiding behind the girl's legs.

"You scared? Lame." Ace asked, smirking at the grey furball.

"Ah?! I'm not s-scared!" The monster cat exclaimed, putting on a brace face. He then rushed inside. "I'm taking the lead! You guys follow me!"

"G-Grim!" The girl cried out, watching the small cat disappear into the darkness. She stood, frozen as the wind picked up. She shivered, her cleaning clothes not giving her any shield against the cold breeze.

"You still scared?" Deuce asked, seeing the girl not move an inch. She nodded silently, still shaking from the cold. The male thought over what he could do to comfort the girl.

"Tch." Ace scoffed, grabbing the girl's hand. "You need someone to hold your hand or something? Well here, now let's get going. We don't want to lose him."

Before the girl could respond, the red head tugged her along to walk beside him. She didn't notice, but the male's cheeks were slightly flushed as he could feel her soft hands. Deuce quickly followed, yelling at the male about waiting up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's a question, which character has the same height as you?

Here's a pic in case you don't know their heights. It's from tumblr and I take no credit whatsoever for creating this. (If you can't read it I'm sorry)

For me, I'm somewhere near Kalim's height

For me, I'm somewhere near Kalim's height. I believe I may be taller, cause I never saw myself as a short person...

Am...am I short? Cause 5'6 (or around 170cm) can't be short...maybe average height? I swear I'm not short!!

I mean...if I am...that means I'm a shortstack...hold up gotta redesign my twst insert and tell my bf

GRIM IF YOU DON'T STFU RN THEN WE'LL FIND OUT IF MONSTERS BLEED RED OR NOT

^Placeholder