🌌 Chapter 12 🌌

Ace sighed, frowning. "No way I'm washing a hundred windows. Gonna head home."

As he took a step to head back to his dormitory, a voice shouted from across the hall.

"Stop right there!!" Ace froze, turning his head to see the cleaning girl and cat monster heading straight for him. "You're not getting out of punishment!!"

"Shit! They found me."

"I won't let you be the only one to escape cleaning!" Grim shouted.

"Grim! You're not getting out of it either!" The girl yelled.

"I'm not just gonna wait around for you!" Ace smirked, taking a running towards one of the various mirrors in the room. "I'm outta here!"

"Hey wait! It's not fair for only you to skip cleaning!"

"Grim!!"

As Ace ran, he bumped into another male. The male looked at Ace questionly, green eyes wide.

"Huh?"

"Outta the way!" Ace cried, rushing past the black haired boy. The male stood there for a moment, before feeling someone poke his arm. He looked down to meet eyes with the girl.

"Can you help us please? He's skipping punishment!" The girl cried, looking up in hope. The cyan eyed male froze, a small red hue developing on his cheeks. "Please! Can't you use magic?"

"U-uh..."

"He's getting away!" Grim exclaimed.

"M-magic to capture someone?" He mumbled, looking away from the girl. "Should I freeze their legs? Or maybe restrain them?..."

"Do whatever! Just stop him!" The two yelled at the male.

"Any way is fine!" Grim continued. "Just hit him hard!"

"A-any way?..." The male stood there for a second, before suddenly screaming while hitting his head. "Anything is fine so come on!"

The male waved his wand. "Something heavy!"

Suddenly, a large cauldron slammed onto Ace. The poor male fell to the floor as the heavy object landed on him. "Eh?! What the heck?! A pot?!"

"Gyahaha!" Grim laughed. "Check it out! He's as flat as a pancake under that cauldron!"

"How lame..." The girl said. "Though that's gotta hurt."

"I didn't think I'd get a cauldron..." The black haired male muttered. "Did I overdo it?"

"Nah, it worked fine. Thanks for your help." The girl replied, patting on the his back.

"Uh...y-yeah." The male didn't look at the girl, the red hue returning to his cheeks.

"Man, that hurts."

"You deserve it." The girl replied, crouching down to meet eyes with Ace.

"You should've been fine without me!" He exclaimed, standing up. "Those hundred windows should be clean in a flash!"

"That's not something you can get done 'in a flash'!" She yelled. "Besides, this is an order from the headmaster! You should know better!"

"Washing a hundred windows as punishment...what in the world did you all do?" The cyan eyed male asked.

"I got into a bit with this furball and...we might've charred the Queen of Hearts statue." Ace answered.

"You damaged one of the Great Seven statues?!" The slightly taller male exclaimed. "That's definitely something people would get angry with!"

"You get into a prestigious school then do something like this on the first day..." He sighed, shaking his head at his classmate's foolishness. Ace frowned, ticked at the male's attitude.

"Shaddup." He grumbled. "And who are you, mister high and mighty?"

"I'm Deuce, Deuce Spade." The male, now known as Deuce, replied. "Would it hurt to remember your classmates' faces at least...umm."

"You haven't memorized them either." Ace sighed, shaking his head.

"Shut up!" Deuce yelled. "A-anyway! If you were ordered by the headmaster, that means you take it seriously."

"Thank you Deuce." The girl said. "Now come on, we're losing daylight."

"Yeah yeah." Ace sighed, frowning that now he had to work. "Let's get it over with."

"Wait...Grim?" The girl looked around, not finding the monster. "...you've got to be kidding."

"That furball is gone!" Ace cried. "That dumb cat made me take his place!"

"Hey, umm...Juice?"

"I'm not Juice! It's Deuce! Deu!" The black haired male yelled.

"Whatever! You're partly responsible, so help us catch that furball!" Ace said.

"Why me?" Duece asked.

"Hey you don't have to, you already helped me with this guy." The girl said, glaring at Ace.

"This deadweight can't use magic, so they don't count!" Ace said, running out the room. "Let's go!"

"Deadweight?! Excuse me?! Oh now you're definitely getting that punch in the-" The girl ran after the red head, eyes blazing in anger. Duece ran alongside her.

"I-I'll help ya."

"Really? Thanks, at least someone is nice to a lady." She smiled at him, causing the male to burn red.

"U-uh yeah! I'll go with him now!" He sputtered as he rushed to run with the other male, leaving the female confused.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright, here's a question. What moment are you excited for me to write for the prologue? I know we're halfway through it already, but I'm curious.

I personally am really excited to write when the one brain cell group is in the mineshaft. Cause there was this one line (From Deuce I believe) that, if I was in that situation, I wouldn't snapped at the group in a fit of rage and sadness. You can take your guesses what line it is.

Crowley...I am this close to decking you in the face. If you don't pay me more for cleaning I will seriously report you to...whatever the higher position is

^This was the placeholder for this chapter