🌌 Chapter 7 🌌

"One more blow! To the right!" The girl yelled. Grim followed and blasted one last fireball at Crowley. After the hit, Crowley transformed back into his original form.

"How about that, huh?!" Grim panted, exhausted.

"Are we done?" The girl asked, panting along side the monster. "I'm exhausted, there's no adrenaline left."

"I can't believe it." Crowley spoke in shock. "There's a person who can command monsters."

"Command monsters? Like some sort of tamer?" The girl asked, now sitting on the floor. "Is there really no tamer-like magician?"

"No." Crowley answered. "Hmm. Actually, my teacher senses have been tingling since the entrance ceremony."

"That you have talent as a animal or wild beast trainer."

"No you didn't." The girl huffed quietly. "You're just saying that now since I showed some competence..."

"But, no matter how..." The man continued to mutter to himself, thinking over what he can do. As he did, the girl looked at Grim.

"Crowley Sir?"

"Hmm?" He snapped out of his thoughts and looked at the girl.

"Could you possibly let Grim stay with me?" She asked. Both looked at her in shock.

"What? A monster?"

"You..."

"Please Sir? I mean, it would be very lonely for me to stay here by myself." She pleaded, putting her best puppy face on. "Not too mention what would happen to me if those creepy ghosts came back? Something terrible could happen to me!"

"Hn...it can't be help." The man sighed. "Alright."

"Really?!" Grim asked excitedly.

"However." Crowley said. "I can't simply allow someone, let alone a monster, who wasn't selected by the Dark Mirror into the school."

"Man...what short lived joy." Grim groaned.

"Also, I can't let you be a freeloader until you return to your own world." He said.

"That's understandable." The girl mumbled.

"Concerning the fact that you were summoned here, the school has to take responsibility as the owners of the Dark Mirror." He explained. "So for the time being, you'll be allowed to stay here for free."

"But, for other necessities, you must provide those yourselves." He continued. "Seeing as you have nothing to your name, I have a proposition for you!"

"Oh? Is it me being the cleaning lady?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. "Cause that's the only thing I can think of."

"More or less, you'll also be doing some odd jobs here or there." He answered, smiling. "And in return I'll pay you."

"So, would you like to?"

"I mean I don't have a choice do I?" She said, crossing her arms. "And besides, I no other way to provide myself things. Since I have nothing to my name."

"Eh?! I'm not okay with this!" Grim exclaimed.

"Oh? Well you are allowed to leave, since if you did agree." He said. "You'd have special permission to stay on campus. And to research whatever you like in the library, after finishing your job though."

"Fine! Fine!" Grim grumbled.

"Wonderful!" Crowley cheered. "Then, starting tomorrow you'll be the handymen of Night Raven College!"

"Yay..."

"Now then, enjoy your supper. I must get back to researching." He quickly walked down the hall towards the exit.

"Wait!" He stopped, turning around.

"Thanks again, I don't know what I'd do if you just left me in the streets." The girl confessed. "So I'll do my best to not be such a bother while your helping me."

The man smiled. "Of course, I am gracious!"

And the man walked out. The girl sighed, getting up from the floor. She walked to where the man had set the food, thinking it was most likely cold now. As she checked to see she was right, Grim slowly followed her.

"Oi."

"Huh?" She looked down at the cat like creature. "What is it?"

"...Why did you ask that?" He asked, looking at the floor.

"Hm? Oh that." She walked into what she found to be the kitchen, as she checked to make sure the stove worked she answered. "I did kind of feel bad for you, so that's why. Not too mention I was serious about being alone and I am actually scared of those ghosts coming back."

"Really?"

"Yeah." She cursed, almost burning herself when the stove came to life. "Good, at least some things aren't totally broken."

"..." Grim stayed silent, now staring at the girl in curiosity. His head was tilted as he mulled over her words. "Well I didn't need your pity!"

"It wasn't pity." She sighed, warming up the food. "I did feel bad for you, but that doesn't mean I pity you. You're personality is certainly the kind to not give up no matter what. So I just helped you while helping myself."

"Hmm..."

"Come on, I'll share some of my food with me."

🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌

"Aha! This is the biggest room!" Grim cheered as he ran around.

"Probably for the dorm leader? I don't know." The girl concluded, looking over the room. She immediately noticed the mirror hanging over the fireplace, walking over towards it. "Hmm, interesting..."

"Oi! Henchman! Cleanup the bed so I can sleep!"

"I'm not your henchman! And I'm sleeping in the bed too if I'm cleaning it!" She exclaimed back. She sighed as Grim argued with her, saying he should get the biggest bed. She soon cleaned the the bed the best she could, tired from the night's events. Once she was done, she collapsed onto the bed and let her concious drift into dreams.