Chapter 4

After dinner last night, we all went to the living room where they asked more questions that I evaded until they gave up and put on a movie. Wataru fell asleep before it started, so I carried him to his room. When I went back down stairs, everyone else was asleep, so I sprawled across Kaname, Ukyo, Masaomi, and Subarus laps to watch the movie where I eventually fell asleep myself.
I am now pretending to be asleep as they argue over if they should wake me up or if they should find a way to get up without waking me. "Or you could just ask me to move," I say and roll off their laps and onto the ground with a grunt."How long have you been awake?" Kaname asks and I smirk.
"The moment you started playing with my hair." I say and he grows a smirk to match while winking. "I'm a light sleeper, the slightest movement or change in the rhythm of your​ breathing would wake me up. Now I need to get to the animal hospital, they wanted me to come in today." I say and jog up the stairs to my room.
"It's Monday," Subaru says and my eyes widen. "That's right, I told Wataru I would take him to school today. . . I can probably talk to his teacher and not manage to be late. . . Nah, I'll pick him up. Let him know that, please." I say and he responds with a nod.
"Thanks!" I call as I run into my room and change into my grey scrubs with a red, long sleeved shirt under to cover my arms. I then grab my keys and run out of my room and down the stairs while braiding my hair.
"Where you going this early?" Subaki asks.
"Animal Hospital, we have a Chihuahua coming in for a C-section and someone scheduled 8 surgeries for me, so I'm in a rush. I'll be back when Wataru's class ends." I say and walk out the door, straight to my bike.

Once I am at the animal hospital, a nurse comes straight to me.
"We have a problem." She says and starts dragging me to one of the patient rooms.
"This is an animal hospital, when are there not problems?" I say and she chuckles before handing me a file and shoving me into the room.
"Hi, I'm Willow, what seems to be the issue?" I ask calmly and lean against a wall while looking at the woman and kitten.
"I need my cat de-clawed. She keeps scratching at me and I can't have imperfections on my skin." She says and I swear I could hear her ordering a drink at Starbucks just for the picture of her name written out on a cup.
"Sorry, we don't do inhumane surgeries here. If you want something that doesn't scratch or bite, I recommend a fish." I say and hold my hand out for the kitten.
The woman pouts and sets her cat in my hand. Once I feel the cat's weight, my eyes widen.
"What have you been feeding her!?" I exclaim, feeling how underweight she is.
"An ounce of tofu a day." The woman states.
"Ma'am, this is animal abuse! Kittens need unlimited access to meat or goat milk so they can get the needed nutrients. I'm sorry, but I am calling the police. And making sure that you are not allowed to have pets of any sort." I say and walk out of the room, quickly locking it so she can't leave.
This kitten shouldn't even be away from its mother, it's only about three weeks old.
"Jerry, call the police about a case of animal abuse. And she is in room 6, so don't let anyone open it," I say and he nods, walking to the front desk to make the call. "Jules?" I call, looking for one of the nurses. "Yeah?" He responds, peeking from around the corner.
"Can you take this kitten and get her some warmed goat milk, she's been living off of one ounce of tofu for the past week, so give her as much as she wants, I'll be taking her with me after my shift." I say and he nods, grabbing the small kitten that instantly starts mewling when separated from my arms.
"Willow! The Chihuahua you were supposed to give a C-section just went into labour in the operation room while being given morphine." Charlie yells, panic all over her face.
"This is going to be a long ass day." I groan and run to get scrubbed up.