Chapter 10

Liu Yong drove to work, stopping at the parking garage beside the old building. He removed his disguise then left the garage as himself, carrying the two cases, box and pouch in his arms. Today he didn't see his supervisor. Once reaching his office, Liu Yong placed the things in his arms down on his empty desk, his usually empty office was filled with the boxes he had ordered the worker to bring in yesterday. The worker was even kind enough to order everything by year.

Today Liu Yong had no intention of sorting through the files today as he wanted to look at the USBs first. Liu Yong set up everything then sat back in his chair, holding the warm stone in his left hand. The first USB had three folders. Each folder was of a different D\demon including Wang She. Liu Yong skimmed through the folder and was surprised. They went through with the tests? Judging by the stones, Wang She should've been cultivated until his life essence was completely transferred into the stones his Mother and Father were gifted. Why did they make Wang She take blood and bone marrow tests as well as muscle and fatty tissue graphs?

Liu Yong changed USBs and found a list of videos. He clicked the first video. Wang She was sitting at a table inside a room used for meetings. He was looking at the person behind the lens with a gentle smile. "State your name and age, true age."

"My name is Wang She, I am 16. Today's my birthday." The man behind the camera gave the boy a sincere happy birthday before returning to the interview. "State what demon you are as well as your parents."

"I'm a snake demon. Both my parents are snake demons too." The whole time Wang She never tore his eyes away from the man behind the camera, the hidden man also treated Wang She with care. Liu Yong already guessed the man behind the camera was most likely Fan Lei. The rest of the video consisted of more questions but nothing of interest to Liu Yong.

Video 2 was different, Wang She was lying on a hospital bed as various needles and IVs were inserted into his slender arms. The person holding the camera zoomed into the sleeping face of Wang She before the camera shook and the hand of another man caressed the pale cheek.

"Make sure he doesn't feel any pain while the extraction is happening, come find me once he wakes up." The clip ended as soon as it started. Liu Yong was starting to feel confused as the video ended. Why is Fan Lei treating Wang She with such sincerity? This is an experiment but there are obvious feelings between the two men. If he had such feelings then why was Wang She found dead in the river? Is this all an act?

Clicking on the third video, Wang She was awake whilst lying on a hospital bed, his face seemed pale but his spirit was high. Fan Lei was sitting on the hospital bed feeding Wang She plain porridge while questioning him about the procedures he had to endure. "Was there any pain?"

"No, I went to sleep then woke up and my body felt light. It felt like I was floating." Fan Lei caressed Wang She's face before placing a gentle kiss on the boy's forehead. Wang She looked down shyly but his hand clutched onto Fan Lei's firmly. Fan Lei got up from the bed then grabbed the camera. Before shutting it off he zoomed in on all the needles on Wang She's left arm then moved the camera across to the right arm. Liu Yong quickly went back then paused the video. Sitting around Wang She's neck was a small chain holding the stone that was in his hand.

Liu Yong had already guessed the stone belonged to Wang She since nth of these rocks lined the stream outside his house. How did the energy get transferred into this? And why was it packed away? Clicking onto the last video on the USB, Wang She was lazing back in a hospital chair while a needle was inserted in each arm. Fan Lei's hands holding the camera shook. "Does it hurt Xiao She?"

"No, I feel fine." Two bags were set up beside the small boy while blood slowly filled each bag. The camera was set down once the nurses left and Fan Lei sat beside Wang She, lifting a cup with water to the pale lips. "We can take a break if you become too tired."