Chapter 18

Zhou RenShu stood beside Liu Yong. He wanted to speak but the man before him beat him to it. "I'm going to take you to my work today."

"Why?" Zhou RenShu wanted to tell Liu Yong he didn't blame him for what happened but the words were stuck in his throat, an anxious feeling crept up into his stomach once he heard Liu Yong would be bringing him to work. Liu Yong stood up and cleared the table then came back. "Go shower first, then we'll leave."

Zhou RenShu slowly entered the bathroom, once the door was shut Liu Yong packed Zhou RenShu's clothes into a small bag. The bag had a seal written on the inside that allowed it to have infinite storage, just like Liu Yong's. Inside along with the clothes, multiple health and cultivation vials were placed inside along with the beloved Kokeshi doll. In Liu Yong's palm were the two necklaces Wu Yun had removed from Zhou RenShu. He wanted to put them in the bag but decided against it. Liu Yong stood outside the bathroom and knocked gently. "RenShu, give me your pajamas so they can be washed."

The door opened slowly, Zhou RenShu was standing there naked with an arm full of clothes. Liu Yong took them but Zhou RenShu didn't close the door or go back to the shower. Liu Yong only looked at Zhou RenShu's face. "Go back in, you'll get sick if you stay out without a towel."

_ _ _ _ _ _

The drive to Liu Yong's workplace was quiet, Zhou RenShu was relieved when he saw everything in their shared room was how it usually was, if he had seen Liu Yong's bags all packed together then he would have started to panic. He didn't notice the small bag inside Liu Yong's pocket.

Once the car was parked Liu Yong walked in time with Zhou RenShu small strides. Even though everything seemed perfectly normal, Zhou RenShu still felt something wasn't right, he nervously held Liu Yong's hand, once he felt the strong hand wrap around his tightly some of the anxiety lessened. Inside everyone that the two men walked passed stared in shock. The great Liu Yong is holding hands with someone. Is it a child? He's been on desk duty for almost a month. How did he find a child?

Zhou RenShu shrunk into Liu Yong's side as they walked to the elevator. Liu Yong led the nervous Zhou RenShu to his office. Once the door was shut Liu Yong took the necklaces off of his wrist. Zhou RenShu had wondered where they had gone once he woke up but he didn't want to bring it up to Liu Yong in case he got angry. "Come here, I'll put them on. This time no one should be able to remove them."

With his new level of Cultivation the already hard to detect seals were near impossible to see or feel. Zhou RenShu felt the stone once the chains were connected, it was still warm to the touch. Liu Yong felt sorry as he watched Zhou RenShu fiddle around with his necklace, the pair to his own stone. "RenShu, today you'll be going to see an apartment that will be your new home."

"Are we no longer going to stay in the hotel?" Liu Yong held Zhou RenShu's small face in his palms, he wanted to say that the apartment would be for the two of them but he couldn't. "No, I live in the dorms here at work. The apartment will belong to only you. After today we won't be seeing each other again."

The words almost stuck to the lump in Liu Yong's throat as he watched Zhou RenShu's eyes fill with tears, small hands gripped at his clothing, refusing to let go. "I don't blame Liu Yong for what happened though. It was all because of my venom! We can remove it when my glands fill then throw it away! You don't have to leave me."

Zhou RenShu buried his face into Liu Yong's chest as he cried heavily, Liu Yong was forcing his own tears away when a firm knock sounded at the closed door. Hearing the knock worsened Zhou RenShu's fear as he cried out louder. Liu Yong tried to take a step back but Zhou RenShu clung to him like a frightened baby. The person on the other side of the door heard the loud cries and opened the door.