Chapter 12

The men went back and forth while the workers made drink after drink. Customers also laughed happily while watching the show. Once the male worker had refused to allow more drinks to be made, Liu Yong looked at the shy boy and showed a 100 yuan note, thus more cups kept coming. "Your boyfriend is really sexy."

"He's not my boyfriend. He has a girlfriend." The small girl sitting beside Zhou RenShu looked at him funny, she had filmed enough and stopped the recording before turning to face Zhou RenShu. "That man has a girlfriend and he's sticking up for you like this? Is he your brother?"

"No, we're. We're just friends I think." What is my relationship with Liu Yong? Are we friends? The girl returned her eyes to Liu Yong who was standing as if he was waiting for a cup of coffee. The cold glimmer still shined brightly in his eyes as he ridiculed the boy in front of him without even speaking. The counter space was almost completely blocked by overturned cups filled with various types of bubble tea. Once another order was made Liu yong slowly tore away the plastic before looking at the worker in front of him.

"Still think it's funny to bully people?" The worker's face burned red as he watched Liu Yong fill the last empty space on the counter. Not one single drop was spilled over the hour it took to flip over every cup. Zhou RenShu wanted to laugh, little giggles escaped from his lips as he stared at the angry worker. Liu Yong turned to Zhou RenShu. "I don't even like this type of drink, let's go."

"Oh, before I go here. There's 100 yuan for all of the workers except for this young man. Thank you for your hard work." Liu Yong handed over the small pile of notes to the red faced girl. The crowd snickered and laughed as Zhou RenShu stood up to leave with Liu Yong, the male worker shouted at the two men walking away but he was ignored. Both men made their way back to the car, while Zhou RenShu thought about Liu Yong's actions. "You didn't need to do that."

"I don't like bullies." The doors were unlocked and they entered the car, Zhou RenShu held his new books and stationary in his lap. "Is that why you became an officer?"

"Hm, not really." Zhou RenShu thought Liu Yong would keep going but he stopped talking, driving out of the mall parking lot and joining the traffic on the main road. "What made you want to be an officer?"

Liu Yong looked as if he was deep in thought. "It's been 200 years since I graduated from the training academy, at the time I guess there was nothing else for me to do. I excelled in physical work and I was born with an usually high cultivation so I guess there wasn't much else I could do."

The car settled into silence. Zhou RenShu looked out the window at the city passing by. His voice was soft as if he was talking to himself. "I never thought about what I wanted with my future. I lived in fear because I'm a snake, my learning ability was never great so I struggled with basic learning and when I left the orphanage I thought I could live a normal life but that didn't work out."

The car stopped at a red light and Liu Yong turned his head to look at Zhou RenShu. The boy was still staring out the window, his eyes looked somewhat sad and regretful. When Zhou RenShu turned to face Liu Yong he looked a little nervous and hesitant. "Liu Yong, are we friends?"

"....." Are we? Liu Yong had never thought about defining their relationship before. Liu Yong looked forward as he continued to drive. Zhou RenShu turned away as his face fell. After thinking a little longer Liu Yong spoke, his tone rather light. "If you want to call us friends, then we can be friends."

Zhou RenShu kept his body turned away but he was smiling widely, Liu Yong glanced to the side and saw the happy grin in the window reflection. A thought flew into his mind and he rubbed the small head tenderly. "I have something for you. I'll give it to you once we get back."