Chapter 15

Two weeks passed by after their warm night together. Liu Yong had worked through most of the case files during the evenings spent at his work, while Zhou RenShu worked on his reading as well as writing. During the first week Zhou RenShu felt sad whenever Liu Yong left since he thought the handsome man was meeting with Wang Ling but when he saw the large amount of paperwork Liu Yong had brought back one night, the thought was banished from his mind for good.

During the two weeks Liu Yong hadn't gotten any closer to finding either Wu Yun or Li Qing. He tried to find more snake demon case files too but there hadn't been any recent cases fitting into the pattern he had noticed, instead they were standard murders done in hatred. It's been a couple months, will they be striking again?

Liu Yong was working on his laptop when there was a knock on the door, during the day Liu Yong would remove the silencing seal since he was home, only placing the seal on when he left for work. Zhou RenShu was too engulfed in drawing in the new book Liu Yong had bought him and didn't notice the knock. Liu Yong stood up and wrote a seal to see through the door. That woman?

Zhou RenShu only looked away from his drawing when he noticed Liu Yong was opening the door in his disguise, he couldn't see who had come to their room but when the woman spoke his face turned sour. Liu Yong's disguise couldn't hide his could expression that he wore but the woman seemed to not notice. "Hi handsome."

"Why are you here?" Liu Yong couldn't remember the name of the woman and he didn't know what had happened to the card he had been given. Even with such cold words spoken, Wang Ling looked happy to see Liu Yong. "I haven't seen you in a while, I am meeting a few business friends for dinner tomorrow night, you should join us."

"Why?" Liu Yong felt this wasn't right, he wasn't close to this woman in any way and whatever conversations they had, had all been one sided. Liu Yong looked into Wang Ling's eyes, they looked clear and her energy was the same as always. Clean with high cultivation. Even though it was obvious that Liu Yong didn't want to meet with her, she still persisted. "One of my friends actually said they know you and told me to invite you."

Liu Yong's intuition told him to decline but his curiosity had also been grabbed. "What friend? Give me a name and I might consider attending the dinner." Wang Ling smiled beautifully while she came in closer to Liu Yong's ear, she spotted Zhou RenShu staring at them and winked at him seductively before whispering. "If you want to know come find out for yourself."

"Tomorrow at 8pm downstairs, I'll meet you in the lobby, handsome." Wang Ling turned around to head back to the elevator. Liu Yong closed the door then removed his disguise. All of this is too odd. Out of pettiness and anger, Zhou RenShu had scribbled all over his drawing, however it wasn't enough so he ripped the page out and scrunched it before throwing it at Liu Yong's face. "Why did you agree to that dinner with her?"

Liu Yong threw the paper back at the sour face glaring at him. "I believe she is involved in the case with Wu Yun but I don't know how. Her energy is clean and she didn't look dazed as if she was under someone else's control. If the case isn't solved soon, more people will go missing."

The answer was obvious enough but Zhou RenShu felt sour in his heart as he grumbled under his breath. "I thought you weren't focusing on Wu Yun anymore."

_ _ _ _ _ _

The next night Liu Yong put work aside and left the room wearing an expensive suit. Wang Ling was standing patiently in the lobby, when she caught sight of him she smiled and walked over. "My friends haven't arrived yet, we'll go to the table first."

Liu Yong walked beside Wang Ling but his eyes scanned the room a head, his inner energy reading the rooms behind him. He was searching for both Wu Yun and Li Qing but he felt nothing. At the table Wang Ling acted more shy and reserved, wanting Liu Yong to act more like a gentleman. Which he did. Wine was ordered and poured by Liu Yong and while they waited he made small talk. After an hour of waiting, Wang Ling's friend had still not arrived. Wang Ling nervously looked at her phone.