C H A P T E R 2 3

I heard howling outside and I was very scared now. Me and Elizabeth decided to block the door with more heavier stuff. Now, my nightstand, chair and desk were sealed on the door as Elizabeth stood next to the door—her guard up.

"Liz, you know you can sit down net to me," I gently patted the space next to me on the bed

She sighed, "And you know that I can't do that," She said, "If I let my guard down, and let you get kidnap, I'll be banned from the clan," She frowned, imagining the scene

I gasped and decided to be quiet and stay put on my. I looked at the covered window and thought, "Sebastian, guys, I hope you all survive this.."

You
A few minutes had past and it became quiet outside. The past couple of minutes, me and Elizabeth have been hearing chaos outside and it was terrifying. Elizabeth jumped when she heard loud thumping from the other side of the door. The thumping became louder as Elizabeth commanded, "(Y/N) get back!"

I got off the bed and went to the corner—away from the scene. The thumping stopped and a knock came. A moment of silence and we were internally questioning who was behind the door. Elizabeth was about to open it, until someone barged in, which caused her to be flung across the room.

I shake in the spot when Evans appeared, his breathing is staggered, blood flowing from his head and mouth—as it drips to the floor. He was covered with wounds and bruises. I scurried further away from him as he approached me with anger. When he reached me, he grabbed my neck and slammed me against the wall, as his grip tightens—cutting off my air supply.

Elizabeth was unconscious on the floor and I'm about to face my death. I tried screaming out but his grip tighten more until I can see a blinding light and a loud growl.

...............
I woke up and was greeted by my bedroom's ceiling. Confused, I slowly sat up and noticed that my floor was cleaned. For all I can remember, Evans was staining my floor with his blood, being choked to death, and a growl.

"Good thing you're awake now," Someone said as they entered

I turned to the voice as I gasped. Sebastian entered with a glass of water, "You okay?" He asked as he sits beside me

I nodded as he hands me the glass, "What just happened? How am I..." I trailed off

"Well, I was able to swoop in and save you when Evans was about to kill you.." He answered, "I was able to injure him until he couldn't move anymore," He added

I sighed and nodded, "Thank you.. for saving me," I smiled

He smiled sympathetically, "I'm happy too, I'm really happy that your safe," He left the glass to me and exited the room

............
After an hour of resting, I was assisted to the meeting room to talk about the Mating Ritual and Coronation for me as the new queen.

"Welcome back, princess!" Aaron greeted

He was covered with clean bandages—I guess they change it before he gets here—and he was still covered by bruises and healing wounds. I was so happy that he was fine after what happened, I must've put a lot of burden to him.

"Hey, Aaron," I smiled

They huddled around the pool table—that they consider a meeting table, as I stood at the middle, "Now that we have (Y/N) back, we should discuss about the ritual and her coronation," Sebastian spoke up

My breath hitched when they mentioned the ritual—I remember that first happened. I had to choose between the four of them—Sebastian, Hiddleston, Holland and Aaron. Sebastian seems to be a good leader, as well as Hiddleston. I'm not so sure about Aaron, and I can tell that Holland is too young or unexperience.

"The coronation will be held in Romania, the same place were the previous queen's coronation was held. The crown was now at the hidden chapel and I already announced to the high priest that we have found the next heir of the (L/N) bloodline," Sebastian explained

"Now then.." He trails off as they all look at me, "..The queen must pick her king," He said

The atmosphere thickens and the tension rise as they await for my answer that will change them. I gulped as I opened my mouth the words came out.

"It will be...."