Part 9

Jimin's POV

"It must've been true," I whispered to myself as I watched Y/N kind of limped towards her bedroom.

I sent her a text since she seemed to avoid me for the time being and started to clean the house.

However, before I could start, I received a call from Seokjin hyung and quickly ran as far as I could from Y/N's room to avoid being heard.

"So, did she say yes?" Seokjin ambushed without any greetings.

"No, hyung –"

"She rejected you?!"

"I haven't finished talking hyung, please listen to me first," I kind of spoke out in a whispered manner since I didn't really want Y/N to hear this yet.

"Why are you whispering? Is Y/N still asleep?" Namjoon questioned.

"She just went into her room a few minutes ago. We have talked it out, but she needs time to think when I asked her out," I explained slowly, and thankfully it seemed that Namjoon had control over the phone right now.

"Why didn't she agree yet? I thought you said that she likes you?" the leader asked, and I let out a deep breath before answering.

"She did, but she is worried about how it would affect me. Our group, our career, my safety and all," I informed, brushing my hair to the back with my fingers.

"Did you tell her about what our company said?" Namjoon asked, giving suggestions to make Y/N to accept me.

"I did, but I guess I'm moving a little too fast for her. Do you think she is going to reject me, hyung?" I told him my worry.

"I don't know, Jimin. It's up to her, but whatever it is, you have to respect her decision," Namjoon advised and I knew that what he said was true.

I need to respect her decision.

Whatever it was.

"Yeah, I know. Wish me luck,"

After that, they cut the call and left me alone in the laundry room. I realized that Y/N had already washed the bedsheet, and her blushing face just now entered my mind.

"That's cute," I chuckled and moved back to the living room to start cleaning up.

After a few hours of cleaning and cooking, I knocked on her door but received no answer, so I decided to peek into her room a little.

"Y/N, the food's ready. Do you want to eat now?" I spoke out slowly while tiptoeing towards the girl. She was sleeping so soundly that I didn't have the heart to wake her up.

My eyes unknowingly wondered to her features and I saw a few fresh marks on her exposed neck, the clear evidence from last night.

I felt my body heat up at the thought and I slapped myself to get out from it.

The hell, Park Jimin.

Control your body and thoughts!

Unfortunately, I might've slapped myself too hard that the sound made the sleeping Y/N stirred and woke up from her slumber.

Not knowing what to do, I just stood there and made eye contact with Y/N who slowly opened her eyes.

"What are you doing?" she uttered out with a hoarse voice and instantly covered the blanket over her body protectively.

"Uh-I-uhm, the food's ready so I was planning to wake you up, but you did it before I managed to do so," I stuttered out.

"What time is it?" she asked, ignoring my stutter and tried to reach her phone on the nightstand.

"It's around five. Do you usually eat dinner around this time or is it too early?" I asked just to avoid being put in an awkward situation.

"You talk like we didn't have dinner together, yesterday. I told you that I'll eat whenever I had the time," she answered nonchalantly, trying to get out from the bed and I still noticed her wincing a little when she sat up.

"Does it still hurt?" my question brought a pinkish hue on her cheeks right away and she tried to cover it with her hands. Before she managed to stand up, I trapped her to sit at the bedside and removed her hands from her face.

I crouched down to look properly into her face that was somehow hidden by her hair.

"Hey, if it still hurts I can assist you to walk around the house, you know?" I asked, sincerely worrying if I did hurt her too much.

I don't think I acted carefully last night because the fact about it being her first time never crossed my mind even once.

I've never been the first for any of the girls I've spend the nights with before, thus it kind of made me regret not appreciating the moment with Y/N last night.

I felt guilty.

"It's not that, it's just that this is so embarrassing for me," she answered hesitantly, still refusing to look at me in the eyes. Hearing her reply, I couldn't help but chuckled a little.

"Is this really Y/N? I have never seen this side of you before. It's really cute,"

"Don't make fun of me," she scolded, immediately releasing her hands from my grip to cover her red face.

"Okay, okay. I'll leave you to wash up and when you're done, we'll eat together. I did my best to cook today, although my ears nearly bleed from constantly being shouted by Seokjin hyung just now,"

She smiled a bit and seemed less tense after she heard me. I decided to go back to my room and wash myself up after all the cleaning works I've done.

--

We were eating dinner quietly when my phone rang again.

"Where is Y/N?" Seokjin skipped the greetings.

"Hyung, we are eating right now. Can't you call a little bit later?" I pleaded, while looking at Y/N. She seemed curious about who I was talking to, but she continued eating.

"Fine, but if she said yes, tell her to call me immediately," and Seokjin skipped the goodbyes as well.

"Who is it?"

"Seokjin hyung,"

"Why did he call?"

"He wants to talk to you, but I didn't want him to disturb us while eating," I reasoned, and she seemed to accept it well.

She continued eating without a word and I took the opportunity to observe her.

The way she separated the greens from her plate, the way she brushed her hair to the back, the way she sat on the chair with her legs dangling in the air.

The way her nose scrunched up when she accidentally bit the bitter greens, the way she blew on the hot drinks before sipping on it, the way she pushed up her glasses when they slipped down her nose.

I admitted that after finally having her in front of me in the flesh, I knew that I had really missed seeing her all this while.