Part 10

Jimin's POV

"You know what, Y/N? Even when I'm with other girls, I always compare them to you," my out-of-nowhere-comment caused her to cough out the water she was drinking, and she glared at me with her watery eyes.

"What? Did you really just compare me with female idols?" she asked as she took the tissue I offered to her.

"Well, yeah. But not your appearances," I answered honestly, and she threw the tissue she just used to my face.

"What the – did you just throw your spit to my face?!" I blurted out due to shock.

"Oh sorry, do you want me to spit directly to your face instead?" she sassed, and I rolled my eyes.

"No, but thank you for asking," I threw the tissue away and revert my attention to the sulking girl in front of me.

"Does he really have to compare me to those beautiful talented healthy curvy girls?" she mumbled to herself but of course I could hear her clearly.

"That's not what I'm trying to say, baby"

"Don't baby me anymore!" she lashed almost immediately making me defended myself in reflex.

"Why? What did I even do to you?!" I exclaimed, wanting to defend myself.

Uh oh, I'm dead.

She glared straight into my eyes.

That's definitely a wrong thing to say, boy. Especially after what I did to her last night.

"W-What I'm trying to say is, you have never left my mind even for a split second throughout all these years we were apart. Even when I'm surrounded by those girls, I'm always thinking of you!" I quickly confessed.

And it seemed like she was taken aback by looking at how wide her eyes were staring at me right now.

"Park Jimin," she called out my full name, sounding so serious all of the sudden.

"Yeah?"

"Are you really serious about going out with me?" she frowned.

"Yes."

I had thought really hard about this for the whole day today. But the answer was still yes.

I guess I did actually like her unknowingly for this whole time. Because the thought of having her closer by my side always made me smile.

"You're not going to take back your words?" she searched for my eyes.

"No." I stared right back at her, making her flustered.

She adverted her eyes and sighed out loud.

"I like you, you know. Since a long time ago," she confessed.

"I know," I muttered out softly.

"How did you know?" she was perplexed at my answer.

"I heard you after dinner last night," I confessed, and she let out a longer sigh.

"That wasn't meant to be heard, you know," she pinched the bridge of her nose, and I knew that she was just trying to hide her shy face from me again.

"I'm glad that you like me too," I rested both my elbows on the table and support my face in my palms.

I was surprised at how calm I was in this situation. It was like I had been waiting for this to happen to us. I felt relieved that I finally able to take a step outside of our friendzone area.

And I was even more surprised at how different Y/N had acted on this situation. I thought she would be calmer than I was, but it wasn't the case here.

"I'm afraid that we will fall apart if this didn't work out," she whispered as she rested her cheek on the table, staring out to the window.

"Honestly, me too. But we didn't even start yet, Y/N" I reached out my hand and smoothened her hair gently, silently wishing that she would agree.

Silence fell between us and I only focused on the sound of her soft breathing.

"Promise me something, Jimin" we locked eyes as she finally sat up straight.

"What is it?"

"That we'll discuss everything together whenever something happens to us, like we always do?"

"Of course, baby" I tried my luck with the endearment again, testing if she'd get mad this time.

She didn't and instead, I could feel my own heart beat increased slightly at the sight of her blushing face when I called her with that word.

"I put my trust on you, Park Jimin" she finally decided, and I couldn't help but feel happy when she agreed.

"Thanks, Y/N. I promise that I'll treat you like a princess after this," I grabbed her hands out of excitement and she turned her face away from me. Probably to hide her obvious red cheeks.

"Don't make promises that you couldn't keep, Jimin" she tried to sound stern, but I knew that she was just shy.

Being the kind boyfriend I wanted to be for Y/N, I stopped teasing her for that right now.

I was instantly reminded by Seokjin's request for immediate call once she agreed.

"Um, Y/N. Do you mind speaking to Seokjin hyung for a short while?" I asked her, still holding her hands in mine.

"What for?"

"Well, when he called earlier he did say that he wanted to talk to you once you agreed on going out with me,"

"Uhh okay, I guess? But what if he didn't approve on this? Isn't it too fast to be rejected by your mother? Should we just call him tomorrow?" she rambled, and I was dumbfounded for a second.

"Y/N," I called out her name to make her look into my eyes.

"Seokjin hyung is not my mother. Even if he says no, I'll still date you. So, will you talk to him? I'll sit right beside you. We'll put the speaker on," I said after she finally looked at me.

She hesitantly nodded and I moved next to her, dialing Seokjin's number.

After a few rings, I  heard the phone being picked up from the other side.