Part 13

Y/N's POV

"Your office is a home office?" Jimin asked as he parked the car by the gate.

"Uh, yeah. My boss stays upstairs but he vanishes into thin air whenever weekend comes. And on Mondays like this, sometimes he prolongs his disappearance," I explained shortly as we got into the house.

"Don't you guys have a project to finish?" he questioned, referring to the ongoing construction project I told him yesterday.

"We already handed over the project to the client, but we still need to be here until the warranty ends. So, we're only busy when there's maintenance job requested by client," explaining as we walked, I proceeded to the office's computer and started doing the task at hand.

About ten minutes after, I captured all the data requested by my boss and now sending it to him via email. Without any sound or warning, Jimin suddenly bended his upper body down to my level to peek at my work and his face closed in by my side, making me froze on the spot.

Too close.

He's way too close.

From my peripheral vision, I could make out that his face was just a few centimeters beside mine.

His chest literally touched my back and his hair even brushed my cheek.

I couldn't move an inch.

It's not like we haven't been in this situation before, but I was just being stupid because he wasn't Jimin the best friend anymore.

He was Jimin the boyfriend.

Oh, my heart.

"Y/N," he lowly called out my name.

"Y-Yeah, what?" I tried to keep my eyes straight to the screen because my lips would definitely touch his cheek if I turned my head.

"I won't stop myself or tell you beforehand if I want to do it," he stated.

"D-Do what?" I stuttered.

"Kiss you"

Shocked at his words, I turned my head in reflex towards him and like everything was planned, my lips collided with his cheek.

My eyes almost flew out the sockets at the unintentional action I made, and I backed away clumsily, nearly falling down the chair. However, Jimin was fast to stop it from happening by having his arms around me and pulled me closer to him.

"It seems like you're faster than me," he his eyes stared straight at my lips and the corner of his own lips curled up mischievously.

His eyes lingered on my lips for a second too long, and in the next second, guess what happened?

His lips was on mine.

I widened my eyes at the sudden kiss and tried to pull away, but Jimin pulled me closer until our chests met, with his other hand went through my hair and rested at the back of my head.

"Shhh, relax," Jimin pulled away a little but close enough that our lips still brushed as he whispered, and I stared into his eyes looking for something.

I don't know, assurance?

Guide?

Trust?

But whatever it was, Jimin seemed to understand it and he smiled softly as he traced my cheek with his thumb.

"Trust me," he whispered soft, and I melted under his soft gaze before my eyes drifted down to his lips that was closing in again.

Jimin kissed me and I tensed again, but soon enough my body relaxed on its own and my eyes slowly closed, following Jimin’s guide.

He lead me with gentle and patient, as my fingers stayed clenching his shirt for support.

Almost a minute after, he pulled away slowly, and I hesitantly opened my eyes, breaths a little heavy after the unexpected activity.

But as my sight focused on Jimin, the satisfied and devilish smile I saw on his face nearly killed me on the spot.

What have I brought myself into?

--

"Am I your first kiss?" he blatantly asked, and I gasped at his question.

For goodness sake, we were currently in a family restaurant waiting for our food to arrive and he had the audacity to ask things like that?

God, help me deal with this kid.

"We are going home," I rose up from the chair but Jimin quickly pulled me back to my seat. He had begged me to eat at this restaurant although he knew the risk of him being recognized was high.

Reminiscing old memories, my ass.

We did go to this restaurant a lot when we were in high school, but now, the previous owner had retired and passed the shop down to her daughter-in-law.

But Jimin still stubbornly wanted to eat here.

"Don't ask that kind of question in public please, Jimin" I whispered his name at the end of the sentence not to let anyone hear us.

"Alright, I won't ask anymore. And you don't have to whisper my name, I'm not the only Jimin in this town," Jimin stared at me with his eyes that was slightly visible under his cap.

I told him to wear mask as well, but he refused and said that the cap and hoodie was enough for him.

"Someone might recognize you, you know?" I answered back, feeling worried that he would be crowded by fans when that was the last thing he wanted.

"Don't worry too much, Y/N. Believe me, they respected our privacy very much and only a few would misbehave these days," he tried to comfort me, but not really working.

"And I'm afraid of those few," I pouted and sipped on my drink, not realizing the change in Jimin's eyes which were staring at my lips.

"What?" I looked at him without removing my mouth from the straw, with a questioning eye. He didn't answer but his stare kind of creeped me out.

"I change my mind. Let's go home," he got up quickly pulling my hand and tried to walk to the exit door, but I stopped his track by pulling his hand back.

And since I was not that weak, he stumbled back and halted his step from walking away from our table.

What was he rushing for?

Did someone recognized him?

I looked around but saw nothing suspicious, thus I decided to stay on my ground.

"We're not leaving without the food," I spoke out seriously.

"What?" Jimin’s eyebrows furrowed a little at my words.

His stare made me gulped a little, making me feel like a mouse being caught by a cat, but I braved myself to stare back into his eyes.

"I said, we're not leaving without our food," I repeated, saying the words clearly one by one.

Damn right.

Our food was important.

After my words finally registered in his head, Jimin's dangerous stare just now magically turned normal and he just shook his head while laughing to himself.

"What's so funny?" I furrowed my eyebrows at his actions and we both sat back on our table, waiting for the food to arrive.

"Nothing, baby. Nothing," he called out the endearment so easily that it made my cheeks feel hot for a second.

I turned my face away from him, staring into the parking lot just to make sure he didn't see my blush.