𝟬𝟭. breath of fresh air

CHANGE | CHAPTER ONE

     𝐀 lot can happen within just two weeks, especially when there are now lively and petty spirits living among the people

     𝐀 lot can happen within just two weeks, especially when there are now lively and petty spirits living among the people. It wasn't the most ideal to some. Wild vines had sprouted all over the city, creating pockets of wilderness the spirits had come to call home. From Cloud's point of view, she thought it was great but people have different opinions on the recent events.

     Cloud, however, liked to spend time with the peculiar and interesting spirits she came across. They were truly a breath of fresh air. She liked the way they surrounded her in peace every time she meditated at the top of the hill. Other than that, she gets to enjoy bonding with her little cousins and her father more often, and it was never boring because of the unique spirits.

    The young airbender sat around the table, eating their dinner. Ever since Tenzin's brother and sister had come along, the house was never in silence. She continued munching on her lettuce, watching with furrowed eyebrows as her father continued to imitate airbending moves after he told them he accidentally airbended himself from falling to his death. Cloud believed him. She was just waiting to see the actual thing.

    "Stop waving your arms around at the table," Tenzin said irritably. "It's not funny anymore."

    "It's not a joke," Bumi insisted just as Asami and Korra walked inside the dining area.

    "What's up with him?" Korra asked, glancing at the daughter but Cloud only shrugged, slightly grinning when Meelo threw a piece of lettuce at her face that she caught with her fork.

    "Bumi says he airbended earlier, but he can't now. Oh, and I guess he's not very good at knitting either." Bolin shrugged before a grin appeared on his face. "I gotta say, I love being a part of this family."

    "You got the grumpy dad, the wacky uncle, the put-upon mom," He listed out the peculiar family members, then he glanced at the cousins who kept messing with each other. Meelo even placed a chopstick on either side of his mouth. "Crazy kids. Well, that's just great."

    "Where's Mako?" Asami asked, noticing there was no sign of the firebender.

    Cloud looked up from her food and scrunched her face at the thought of the police officer. "Oh, you mean that brooding adolescent? He's staying in the police station."

     "Still?" Korra frowned.

     "I tried to drag him back here," Cloud shrugged before she continued stuffing her face with vegetables.

    "I told him Tenzin invited us to stay here since our apartment is a vine habitat now, but," Bolin said and styled his hair like his brother, mimicking his usual upset tone. "He said he had to focus on work."

    "Oh, did you see that? I think the napkin moved," Bumi exclaimed, taking the attention of the people around him.

     "You blew on it," Kya retorted, annoyance etched on her face.