𝟬𝟲. begin again

BALANCE| CHAPTER SIX

     𝐑epublic City had never been such a comforting sight until now

     𝐑epublic City had never been such a comforting sight until now. They flew over the city in their sky bison and neared the Air Temple Island where Cloud could already see a familiar polar bear dog with a certain fire ferret clinging onto her tail. Her heart clenched, remembering Bolin. Pepper let out an audible groaning sound, making Naga and Pabu look up to see Pepper and Kiko descending toward the ground where Korra waving from the front of the saddle.

     "Naga!" Korra called excitedly.

     Naga, wagging her tail, sprinted off toward the courtyard, Pabu biting onto her tail as she took off running. The fire ferret streamed out behind her as Naga ran. As Pepper and Kiko landed, several other ring-tailed flying lemurs landed on a nearby rooftop. Korra, jumping off Pepper, airbends herself to the ground, smiling before Naga lifts her off the ground. She licked Korra excitedly, before circling around behind her.

     Korra hugged her polar bear dog's head. "I missed you so much, girl!"

     Meelo and Ikki ran past them and toward their parents who were approaching. "Mom! Dad! We're back! And we've got Korra!"

     Cloud easily jumped off Kiko, patting her bison's face and throwing her a sugar cube she had in her pockets. Then she trudged forward to join them just as her dearest father appeared from the right, Bum-Ju floating along behind him. For the first time, Bumi thought he finally looked like he belonged. He wore the same red and gray spandex suit as the rest of them, except Cloud who resorted to her old Air Nomads clothing.

     "Aren't you a sight for sore eyes!" He hugged Korra, lifting her off the ground. "Bum-Ju and I sure missed you."

     "It's so great to see you again, Bumi," Korra smiled and glanced at the light spirit, Bum-Ju whistling happily. "And you too, Bum-Ju."

     Bumi grinned, immediately darting his eyes around until he found who he was looking for all along. His instantly lit up, and he surged toward Cloud who shared the same bright grin on her face. "My beautiful, scarily amazing daughter!"

     "Papa!" Cloud tackled her father into a big hug, jumping onto him as the man held her like she was a newborn baby again. In his eyes, she will forever be his little girl. "I missed you."

     "I missed you, too, sweetheart." Bumi laughed, the corner of his eyes crinkling in delight. He put her down carefully, quickly assessing her for any damage. There was none, which made him relieved. "Have you made anyone cry today?"

     "Sadly, no," Cloud huffed, walking beside him as they joined Tenzin and the others. "But it's still early."

     "Perfect," Bumi cackled mischievously.

     "Well done, kids!" Tenzin beamed as he hugged Ikki, and Meelo hugged Pema. "I'm proud of you all for finding Korra."

     Meelo looked expectantly at his father, raising one eyebrow up and down. "Proud enough to get me my tats?"